Skip to content

Discuss This Heroic Stoner Salvages Painful Fourth MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Heroic Stoner Salvages Painful Fourth

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Heroic Stoner Salvages Painful Fourth

Casey Stoner rode through the pain barrier to keep his MotoGP world title hopes alive after a tough weekend at the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The Australian fractured his right ankle and suffered extensive ligament damage after a vicious high-side crash in the early stages of Saturday’s qualifying session. He was only cleared to ride after a rigorous medical check on Sunday...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 August 2012 09:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

How anyone can call him a quitter after this display, well it would be beyond words, fantastic ride but quite distressing to see the state he was in at the end. Compare that to Rossi trundling around 57 seconds behind the winner, pathetic. Ducati should sack the fucker after that. Honda should now give Bradl a factory machine to try to take points off Lorenzo to help Pedrosa as Stoners challenge is effectively over unless Lorenzo comes a cropper soon. As for Spies, well I bet he can't wait for this nightmare season to end.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

Champions ride

what a moumental effort by reigning champion, when you consider he was fighting for the last podium position against some pretty good riders!! he was in there for most of the race, but alas it was always going to take its toll on him towards the end of it, plus Dovi is super quick at the end of races too.

Effectively, its a two horse race for the championship now, unless Dani and Jorge have a DNF sometime soon i cant see Casey getting back into this. Wonder if CS will aid Dani for the championship? atleast he gave him a nice tribute in the post race press:

“I want to also congratulate Casey for his result; he did a superb race in his condition and I am sure he will be strong again in Brno.”

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I'm trying hard not to jump on the bandwagon..

..but my estimation for Dovi increases after every race. As pointed out by the good Reverend, his modest gesture to Stoner showed a lot of class and his podium was well deserved. Unfortunately, I still think he'll have his hands full on the Ducati next season, but his performances so far only highlight the fact he's well deserving of the ride.. Brave ride from Casey.

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

Exceptional effort...

...from Stoner unfortunately too many laps to hang on for the podium. A very good ride from Ben Spies - I see he was using the Yamaha 'Big Bang' engine so that seems to have worked correctly. It is really looking like Ben has the worst crew ever, here's a tip for them - fill the engine oil up to the right level next time. The track seems to be in no fit state to race on. Don't run this event next year as you may end up with a pile of dead riders although it may not matter that much because Dorna still get their money, money, money regardless of racing conditions.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

One tough nut

We have seen it over the years. Riders biting through their cheeks to stay in the race in the face of physical adversity and get a decent result on the day. Lorenzo on crutches on the podium a few years back. Stoner at Indy 2012. Pedrosa, too many times to count. Can he get back into the title hunt ? I don't know, but he's making a Capirex like 2006 effort, for sure. No wobbling around to pick up a couple of guaranteed points against inferior CRT equipment. One tough nut he is. Probably beating himself up right now for not getting at least 3rd.

Stoner endured a lambasting back in 2009. This ride only serves to prove the criticism was hugely undeserved.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Great ride from Casey.  Pure class from Dovi.  Loving Peddy at the minute - he's just getting on with the job.  Mark my words, he's gonna take the title this year.   Some of his best tracks are coming up.  Screw it, i'm taking a small flutter.  As for Cal, oh dear.  Funny how fortunes change so quickly.  Would it be a little conspirist to think the two incidents at Ben's home race were not just accidents?  Given how he announced his departure via web forums and direct to management..... just a thought (not am implication)

Watched the interview with him on BBC, he says his mom has bigger balls than a lot of the guys in that paddock. how does your garden grow indeed?....Rossi seemed a little awkward during the press conference..... not is usual media savvy self.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Oh get off his cock people...

Riders do this shit all the time... no different just coz Stoner does it FFS...

Maybe if he didn't crumble under the pressure that the two championship front runners are putting him under then he wouldn't have crashed out and fucked his foot up eh?

He is going backwards..... No surprises really though eh, same old shit with Stoner.. Jump on a sorted bike, fuck it all up and go backwards for a few years and then jump ship or just QUIT! ha ha ha ha

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Obsessed with Stoner hey Moaner.

You hate the guy so much that you name your profile after him? Therapy anyone?

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Named after him??

You calling him a moaner?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Moaner...

"Riders do this shit all the time... no different just coz Stoner does it FFS..."

Yep... I  seem to remember Cal starting from the back of the grid with a broken ankle & getting the praise he deserved too... better than falling off the pace & blaming a shoulder injury or giving up & not competing as many have done before him. Credit where credit's due, & not where it's not deserved.

... & that fucked up bike is running 2nd & 3rd in the championship & won the race by a country mile this weekend... ? At least try to make your posts make sense before you turn into Motoking.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices