Skip to content

Discuss This Heroic Stoner Salvages Painful Fourth MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Heroic Stoner Salvages Painful Fourth

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Heroic Stoner Salvages Painful Fourth

Casey Stoner rode through the pain barrier to keep his MotoGP world title hopes alive after a tough weekend at the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The Australian fractured his right ankle and suffered extensive ligament damage after a vicious high-side crash in the early stages of Saturday’s qualifying session. He was only cleared to ride after a rigorous medical check on Sunday...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 August 2012 09:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

In your 1st sentence you say you don't think he's hurt & in your 2nd you suggest he takes a week off... make your mind up. A week off would have meant a loss of another 13 points... in the past you might have been able to make that up but the competition at the top is a lot tougher... it's gonna take a mistake from JL & they're few & far between.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

666ghostrider666 ?/?

I guess you are an orthopedic surgeon ? Not that bad and just an excuse ?What a cock ,the bloke is world champion and started from a position he got after 3 laps ,on top of that he is retiring so why should he give a shit about the race never mind trying his socks off ,i'm no fan of Stoner as a media personality but what can you say about his riding talent ,world champ on the duke and the honda only 26 and has beaten Rossi Pedrosa and Lorenzo for those titles when they are at the top of their game ,sorry but there is just some shit puked on here ,Have to give credit to Dovi in this race also ,lets hope for a better crash free Brno we dont need any smaller grids ,As for the injured riders get off their backs and wish them well soon

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Anyone for tennis?

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't nibble at Hedgebog's bookish pedantry, as to all but the anal it's clear what the point is..Stoner fcked up. 

unforced error: Error in a service or return shot that cannot be attributed to any factor other than poor judgement and execution by the player; contrasted with forced error.

I'd wager the prickly one was last pick and goalie at the park. Has he ever played competitive sport in his life?

Advantage wosi..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

Doesn't quite fit with your other statement then does it?

"Stupid mistake, trying to make a statement because he was under pressure."

Surely you can see that, yeah?

"There's plenty of dummies on here who said that Lorenzo forced a similar error from Rossi at Mugello when he broke his leg?..and that was in free practice, not Qualifying, when there is nothing on the line!"

So Rossi's was unforced yeah?... like you said Stoner's was... or wasn't depending which sentence of yours you read.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

too tired to give a fuck

i had a lovely comment for you all today. but there are too many snot encrusted kiddies who never used the potty and are too uncomfortable to pay attention. dinkies are not exactly up to speed with prototypes yet didums! be grateful you's can kiss it better with a band aide and a cuddle from mummy.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

respect to stoner

He rode his nuts off and deserved  a podium finish.  Would have been interesting to see if Stoner could have stayed with Pedrosa had he not been injured.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

WOW

his daughter brought some luck. he finish in top 4. not bad. good luck for next race, cause i'm sure the pain going to get harder the next day. the bruise getting pain, etc. i want to congrats rossi too. he deserves to get 7th. even hayden and barbera not around but he rode so well. ........ errr i'm out of here.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

competition

now is much more higher than used too. one mistakes, you could lose change to get world champion. unlike the past where only ONE rider dominate the race. no wonder he got 9 titles. nobody competitif enought to beat him!!!

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

BEN SPIES

i knew there was something wrongs with him. and i'm sure it's not he personaly. check this from crash.net We had our problem at Assen with the tyre, which was not Yamaha's fault, and also at Silverstone. But at Qatar and here and Laguna, we've had three mechanical problems with the bike. I wouldn't say it's Yamaha's fault at all. It's just been bad luck, too. “Why it's happening to me, I don't know. There was a big frustration level, I'd say, about a month ago. But now it's just... we go to Brno, and I just kind of wonder what's going to happen next." i've told ya. someone wants him to off the race. and the point should be not dangering lorenzo's title bid. i don't know. but it sounds bad.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

there were a lot of unforced errors on that part of the track

though not as unforced as the guy in front of me at snetterton the other week. Caused a 3 bike pile up and one broken scapula for me :-( I'm no-where near back on a bike so respect to pretty much everyone who rides injured.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices