Skip to content

Discuss This Heroic Stoner Salvages Painful Fourth MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Heroic Stoner Salvages Painful Fourth

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Heroic Stoner Salvages Painful Fourth

Casey Stoner rode through the pain barrier to keep his MotoGP world title hopes alive after a tough weekend at the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The Australian fractured his right ankle and suffered extensive ligament damage after a vicious high-side crash in the early stages of Saturday’s qualifying session. He was only cleared to ride after a rigorous medical check on Sunday...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 August 2012 09:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

VR

I hold my hand up also that CS was able to do what VR did not....Win on the duke....

But has any 27ers got the Balls to admit the tressel framed Duke is far from the CF framed Duke that had CS in the gravel and actually off ill...because of its severe lack of feel and cornering ability...

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

lol

How is it a country mile.. :-/

While i like wosi says do actually give CS credit to likes of yourself who is alot more level headed than some of your counter parts...

Its unjust to say he's country miles ahead...!

Nothing will eat away at VR more than his inability to tame the Duke....

Until he starts to polish his trophies that is...lol...

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

Yeah bud, you and a few others have shown Casey 'respect' in the past, but equally ruin it by the constant references/rants to what he left at Ducati. He never went there with all guns blazing telling the world what was wrong with the bike and how his experience at this level would sort out Ducati's problems. He went there as a 21yr old kid with1yr under his belt. And left them with bike that 'placed' more often than not.

Go easy or give it the full bifta. I'm really not fussed bud.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

PC

Like I said wait and see - have patience dear boy 2013 will tell  but not for Stoner he'll be gone.

Long Live the King

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi you limpdick

Leemuz me old mate..it was two apiece. 2007 & 2011 for Casey, remember? I'm sure it was just an oversight. Easily done, I don't count 2007 either.

Still refuse to accept 2007 as a fair title win eh - despite what happened to poor Loris on the 'best machine'. Tsk Tsk - not very charitable of you. Still, the last line did make me chuckle...

Look mate..plenty of us #46ers have given respect to Stoners efforts on that Ducati but there is a hardcore of bitter orange lemmings who refuse point blank to do the same to Rossi.

Ok then, just for you, credit for Rossi's efforts on the Ducati - He'll be forever credited with providing indisputable proof that in Stoner's case, it was very definitely the rider and not the bike...

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

leemuz

How is it a country mile.. :-/

Vales 'premier class' stats are obviously awesome.............but Casey's in the 800 era are way better.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hey Saturn

I suppose all 15 of you orange knicker throwers

This constant reference to '15' Stoner fans is down in the same humour league as Milkybars' constant references to 'shitpig' and 'Stoenzo'

Do you really believe you're irritating people with it?

Anyway, back to the case in point

At least Rossi has the guts to admit defeat with the Duck and return to Yamaha.

Do you really think there were any other viable choices if he wanted a chance to get back near the front? There are no 'guts' involved. He blew his own trumpet on announcing his move to Ducati and failed badly. He's given up and is returning to Yamaha licking deep wounds.

He will probably never come to terms with the fact that his biggest rival in recent times achieved things he couldn't even get close to on his Italian 2 wheeled dream. Even if he won again with the Yamaha, I doubt the pain and the rage that must burn deep inside over that one, will ever be forgotten. He failed where Stoner succeeded. As you put so much store in facts, your history books will forever show that too.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

PC..

Go easy or give it the full bifta. I'm really not fussed bud.

Goodonya mate..wouldn't expect now't different.

Between me and you, I get a bit tired of all the claptrap and would rather feel I'm able to give credit where it's due and enjoy Caseys last few races..without having to support a counter agenda to some of the brain-dead opposition. He's a hell of a rider. 

In reality, it's never gonna happen here which is a shame. I realise I'm as much to blame in the never ending tit-for-tat slagging between factions. It does have a plus side with some of the humour mind.

Nevertheless pal..why should wosi feel guilty if wants to buy a set of orange pyjamas. It's not fair mate, because I've seen a pair I like.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

Can't disagree with much you say - like Wosi I am guilty of the tit-for-tat shit-slinging which is prevalent on here. RevBenny accused me a while back of being turgid and goading - hands up yes, but I see it as light-hearted banter - lol.

However, you say

'Do you really think there were any other viable choices if he wanted a chance to get back near the front?'

Possibly not - but then why did Audi and Ducati offer him even more millions to stay if he is a spent force ?

Yes he will be hurting from his experience with the Duke but he will have learned a lesson and be more benevolent in 2013

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Bulto

Rossi is not really going back to Yamaha licking his wounds, I would say more frustration. It was a difficult decision to make......Stay at Ducati, collect 17million, be no1 rider, Audi now pulling the strings, going all out to make it competitive. Or go to Yamaha, take a pay cut, play second fiddle to JL, but have a bike of a known competitive quantity.   If Rossi was younger, I think he would of stayed at Ducati as he would have more time to persevere, because he would of loved to get that Ducati winning, which is why he must be frustrated, as given the age he is, he had to take the Yamaha option.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices