Skip to content

Discuss This Heroic Stoner Salvages Painful Fourth MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Heroic Stoner Salvages Painful Fourth

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Heroic Stoner Salvages Painful Fourth

Casey Stoner rode through the pain barrier to keep his MotoGP world title hopes alive after a tough weekend at the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The Australian fractured his right ankle and suffered extensive ligament damage after a vicious high-side crash in the early stages of Saturday’s qualifying session. He was only cleared to ride after a rigorous medical check on Sunday...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 August 2012 09:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

old man bob is shitting it

his secret gay crush Rossi is gona be wining races next season

look at how many times he has posted lol

your still to old and miserable for him move on!

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Nice to see the elephant in the room is still being ignored.....Stoner rode his wossits off, while injured, while lining up to retire.Still committed. End of.

Reply to this Topic
Nick05

Aug 12

Nick05 says:

wosihound

your name suggest a lot already without you uttering a word.

the best bike ?

please be kind enough to tell us that who in the past 6 years has won a title on the 2nd or 3rd best bike.
not even you Wosi !!

the only time he's not been on the best/very good machinery (Ducati), he's been exposed badly.

And as for Honda being the best bike for 2011, it actually was poorer than the Yamaha in the corner entry/exit but more than compensated for that with the bloody good engine. This season Yamaha have bridged that gap to a large extent and with Dorna trying their best to sabotage Honda with the mid-season tyre change which ironically suits the Yamaha best.

But the most notable fact is that Mr. Greatest Bike Developer has actually gone backwards on the Ducati even though he's had the Great Jerry "80 seconds" Burgess and unlimited factory resources at his disposal. He was more competetive on the bike that Stoner handed him than the one he's developed for himself.

And as for "legend" , for all of Rossi's glorious achievements in his illustrious career, there will always be one gaping void in his resume under the name DUCATI and that's where Stoner's achievements will really be put into perspective, be it winning on the Rocket ship( as some of the Rossi herd call it even though his teammate was nowhere near him that season) in 2007 or the crappy CF bike in 2010.

Rossi     -  LEGEND by STATISTICS

Stoner   -  LEGEND by ABILITY

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Madness

What other sport has athletes competing whilst having broken bones and snapped ligaments? None other than motogp. All of these guys are the best of the best in the world, the most sought after talent and still they want to ride regardless of whatever injuries they sustain. They don't have to to do it. I still think Lorenzos efforts with two broken ankles and the results he achieved is the all time winner for this type of madness. I hope Stoner races this weekend because his resolve last weekend was massively impressive specially considering he is retiring out this year.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

woah nick05!

pump your brakes mate!! your making too much sense! just wait till the rabid yellow panty wearing brigade get on your case...they dont like to bargain with reason

IN other news its OFFICIAL: DOVI to DUCATI!

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

nick05

But the most notable fact is that Mr. Greatest Bike Developer has actually gone backwards on the Ducati even though he's had the Great Jerry "80 seconds" Burgess and unlimited factory resources at his disposal. He was more competetive on the bike that Stoner handed him than the one he's developed for himself.

proves what has been said many times before,the 2010 duke was the best it was ever going to be.

The dorna conspiracy theory,a way to explain the fact that stoner won't be winning the title again,despite being on the best machine.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Nick..

the only thing being exposed badly is your arse to take orange dick.

If you want to be a contender on the baddest mofkin site on the planet it might be an idea to talk about stuff that hasn't been done a million times before you dull wanker.

You're not H5 in disguise are you?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Words from Masao Furusawa

Q: There used to be quite a lot of tension in the Yamaha garage from 2008 to 2010 because of the rivalry between Jorge and Valentino. How will it be next year?

MF: I presume the tension between them will rise again. I wouldn’t be surprised if Valentino thinks to beat Jorge before his retirement. He is such a determined rider. I feel sorry for the boys in their garage because they have stomach ache once again!
Apart from that, I think YZR-M1 could be more stable. This competitive bike had been developed with the help of Valentino by taking a lot of time. With his coming back to Yamaha, a course of its development will be even clearer.

Poor buttermyarse and mostrodinanus will not like the words of Masao in bold..

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

Rossi moving back to Yamaha is not the call of a quitter. He will be going head to head with, probably, the strongest and most complete racer riding at present. There will be nowhere to hide riding the same bike running out of the same team.

Hate to disagree again bud but he HAS quit. Big time. His ego has got the better of him. Had he stayed and sorted the Duke, ie do what he said he would,  then i for one would applaud him. 

Hopefully he'll do well on the Yam and make many people 'velly velly happeeee' but i can't see it tbh. Age is the one thing he can't control. But should he wipe the grin off my face, i'll be here with my pants down ready for a nut kicking!

PS  Anyone else noticed how quiet Vale is over this move compared to his Ducati signing last year? Surely a ride on the Yam is a walk in the park in comparison? Strange.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Best bike .. worst ankle?

These things are all relative.

In my subjective opinion the Honda came out of the blocks firing last year, and Yamaha played catch-up for the first half of the season.  But towards the end I think an objective view was that Casey was riding better than Jorge, and even on the mythical identical bike would have been champion.

This year the Yamaha has been solid from the start, whilst Honda struggled with the new tyres (both times the were changed).  I think much of that gap has been closed now and it was verrry interesting that Jorge (or his team) saw fit to play it safe and go for the soft option in Indy.  Basically they handed Dani the win which is a brave move when he is closing on them for the championship.  It still looks like they see Casey as the bigger threat and just wanted to bank points on him. 

And looking at that ankle - it may be a repeat performance this weekend - Dani and Jorge fighting for the win with Casey fighting Dovi for last podium.  Of course the best result would be for Stoner to win and Lorenzo's engine to blow up (or his chassis to break, or his tyres to chunk, or any of the woes that have befallen the hapless Ben).

In any case it could be an intriguing run to the finish - probably the last chance for both Casey and Dani to win the championship, and Jorge looking down the barrel of a team-mate with something to prove next year.  May the best man win!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices