Skip to content

Discuss This Heroic Stoner Salvages Painful Fourth MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Heroic Stoner Salvages Painful Fourth

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Heroic Stoner Salvages Painful Fourth

Casey Stoner rode through the pain barrier to keep his MotoGP world title hopes alive after a tough weekend at the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The Australian fractured his right ankle and suffered extensive ligament damage after a vicious high-side crash in the early stages of Saturday’s qualifying session. He was only cleared to ride after a rigorous medical check on Sunday...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 August 2012 09:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Strange?

What is strange but not altogether unsurprising considering your hero, is the lopsided understanding you have on most things MotoGP the amount of time you spend here. 

Let me spell it out..Casey Stoner is just 26. He is the one who is doing the quitting. BIG TIME. Now, I know you're gutted and hurting but try and get things in perspective before you make a complete tit of yourself.

It takes two to tango. Ducati have not delivered on their part of the bargain.

Stoners results spoiled them and they sat with thumbs up arses taking the credit. When he started to struggle with less success, they laughed cajolingly and patted him on the back..hahaha our errant son.

They hired Rossi and Burgess for their development feedback, to get a handle on the issues Stoner rode around and every single rider who has ridden the bike complained of..and they couldn't bring themselves to commit because of some of the ego's wthin Corse. It is a Ducati..

They did a half arse job getting FTR to knock up a beam frame, rolled the engine back a bit to fit and thought that would do. It is still the same motor they've always had which has packaging issues because it resembles a detroit diesel. There have been no upgrades to the chassis.

Preziozi and team are like headless chickens - BUGERK!

Furasawa gave Preziosi a lecture on basic engineering design principles that hadn't been forgotten, they'd never been implemented to start with. Poor Phillipe was in awe and begged Masao to help..

‘It doesn’t matter if I lose my position. I don’t care at all. All that I care is one thing; to make our bike better.'

Now if that isn't an admission of failure, I don't what is?..Too late.

Rossi will be 34 in 2013..he doesn't have the time to wait another two years for stuff he should be racing now, giving him the chance to compete. His experience of Ducati's way of working and unfulfilled promises has made him sceptical on their ability to deliver. He has shown dignity and loyalty to the cause, but finally ran out of patience influenced heavily by old father time marching on.

We'll have to wait and see if your slightly desperate predictions based in sad vilification that he is a spent force, are on the money.

I have a feeling however, that a certain orange section will continue to shed bitter tears while they choke at having sour words firmly rammed back down their throats by wosi & co...non fkin stop next year.

Laugh while you can sucker.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

Ok wosi.....

hahahahahahahahah.

Ooohhhh that's a good feel'n.  You want to try it some time when Ducati gets to the top. 

Any predicicions on what year that will be ???

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Sorry sporta..

I'm not quite with ya?

Have you just cum over and old Stoner picture riding the Ducati?

I think if you turn it the right way up, you'll find he was crashing..kin Ozzies for yer.

Seriously though Buster..Dovi is a talented lad, probably the best combined dicipline bike rider on the grid. MX, Supermoto etc.

If he can influence and lead them away from their instincts to design stuff that Dick Dastardly would be proud of in Wacky Races following the direction Val & Jerry have set out, with the backing of VW and possibly new rules..there may yet be hope for them.

I'd like to see them succeed, can GP survive as it is if it loses another manufacturer?

Reply to this Topic
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

I'm kinda with ya there wosi.

I think we would all like to see the Ducati stick'n it up the rest.  It's a real shame though that us spectators have lost 2 great riders in Rossi and Hayden over the last few years. Wasted years for us and them.  I'm a big fan of Dovi but personally I can only see more wasted years. It was sad to see both Suzuki and Kawasaki pull out a few years back.  We all want competition. Nobody wants to see Ducati suffer the same fate. 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Wosi versus Burgess

Wosi says It is still the same motor they've always had which has packaging issues because it resembles a detroit diesel.

Burgess describes the notion that the 90 degree vee four is too long and bulky as "Bunkum. The Honda is very close to a 90 degree. They told me the same nonsense when I went to Yamaha at the end of 2003. They said you'll never win with an inline four." http://cyclenews.coverleaf.com/cyclenews/20120814#pg19

Now I appreciate Burgess has lost a bit of credibility along Rossi"s disastrous Ducati path, yet Wosi never had any cred to start with. I'm inclined to side with Burgess on this one.

As for the chassis there have been upgrades. This is Rossi's second 2012 chassis. Just as Stoner is on his second 2012 chassis.

Preziosi consulting with Furusawa. Where's the issue? Why wouldn't you endeavour to pick the brains of one of the best.? Especially when you lead rider is expecting miracle cures to account for his own inadequacies.

Anyway now Corse are to be rid of their biggest problem and have hired a cool rational Italian things should well improve. Can't see that it'll stop Wosi squawking like a consipated budgie though.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Nostro vs The World.

Jerry was being polite and still towing the company line when he said that Nostro. Not so complimentary now is he

"Ducati have a lot to learn. Their perception of what is required to go racing is very different to the perception of the Japanese companies. Until some of those higher engineers at Ducati work for a Japanese company, the message may never get through: If you do nothing you get nothing."

“This bike is still a frame wrapped around an engine, rather than an engine designed to go in a frame. We need new crankcases because we can’t keep raising the engine because then the countershaft sprocket gets higher and higher which affects the swingarm pivot and thus handling. You’d think we would’ve had new ’cases by Le Mans, but here we are at the ninth race with the same bike we had at the first tests."

The chassis is the same.

Consulting is one thing..begging him to help and being prepared to resign is another.

Why do you pertsist in trying to prove Ducati have done eveything asked of them? They haven't, plain and simple!

Stoner quit because they wouldn't upgrade the bike. Rossi has done the same, Melandri bought his way out of a contract to ride a Hayate Kawasaki ffs.

Another binkered orange attempt to discredit the most winning rider ever in the premier class? The guy who will probably spank Pedrosa, the rider who beats Stoner in his final year on the same bike..haha.

Fuck..you're gonna be shown up for the bitter, know fk all idiot you are next year.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Wosi, I suppose Bargearse was lying through his teeth when he just recently had this to say...

"I think nothing [has gone wrong] - in certain areas we didn't manage to give Valentino what he would ask, while in others we have done plenty. At the end of 2010] I had thought it would be possible to build a bike for Valentino, but this is a prototype that needs a completely new approach on a rider's part, so this is why so many have failed. I'm certain we would have made it, but Valentino has no more time."

Sounds like he is simply saying Florence became impatient and didn't have the temperament to put in the effort, or as an outsider might say, didn't have the skills to help develop nor the balls to try that bit harder to make inroads into the problems he couldn't overcome as a rider with a very narrow skillset.

Word for word from autosport and live interview before the last race on Aussie tv. Now why do you insist on trying to prove Ducati hired him just to sell 70bhp Monsters to fat balding europeans?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bobs interpretation of the quote from an outsiders perspective is typical Bob.

Rossi has no bottle, limited skills and should have ridden around issues like Stoner while trying harder.

To be fair, it's difficult to argue the last point of not trying when the man himself admitted as much after the race on Sunday. It's clear he wasn't happy pushing a bike with handling issues on a quirky low grip track that had put a fair few in hospital. It was the first race after announcing he'd be leaving too. Motivation was obviously rock bottom, right or wrong, depending on ones point of view.

To counter that, Rossi has crashed more on the Ducati than anything else he has ridden in the top class. You don't crash if you're not trying.

Stoner had more race crashes than Rossi so, while the riding around issues worked some of the time, it solved nothing in terms of fixing those problems..the reason Rossi was hired.

He was hired because of his reputation as a good development rider with clear feedback and of winning on lots of different bikes through all classes. 

Bob says it was luck and the reputation and wins were undeserved.

With respect pal..you appear to be dumber than you come over.

To my mind, it's clear the marriage has not worked. When it all breaks down there are usually three sides to a story...Yours, mine and the truth, usually somewhere in the middle.

Rossi cannot be totally absolved, just as Stoner can't for taking that bike backwards but the common denominators are Preziosi and his Ducati. 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I rather like this wee gem Wosi

"He's a realist, he knows he's perhaps not at the level of Casey (Stoner) and Lorenzo but he certainly believes he can race with the rest of them," Burgess said.

Remember Burgess says the Duke is 99% there. Where's that missing 1% again. Sat on top underperforming!

Rossi knows it, Burgess knows it, yet you Oompa Loompa's deny it?!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Remind us where Stoner finished in the standings on it?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices