Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies rues more cruel misfortune in Indianapolis MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies rues more cruel misfortune in Indianapolis

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies rues more cruel misfortune in Indianapolis

Ben Spies was left counting the cost of more cruel bad luck in Indianapolis on Sunday after the Texan was denied a home podium by a major engine failure.Spies was running in a relatively comfortable second place behind Repsol Honda rival Dani Pedrosa when his YZR-M1 engine spectacularly blew up on the home straight as he prepared finish lap seven. The engine meltdown...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 August 2012 09:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
racer245

Sep 11

racer245 says:

Did he not come off the bike in practice and put it on its side, it just looked like the same type of blow up (as much as you can tell from smoke from the exhaust) as Jorge had.

I don’t know how much the mechanics and engineers can check the engines out now they are sealed.
Did not think he would be a title contender this year, but thought he was going to mix it up more than he did, MotoGP  loss will WSB gain

Reply to this Topic
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

"I just don't respect what was told to me and what we've tried to do this year." This is a quote from spies interview. I understand that he don't respect what he was told. But what did mean about he don't respect what we've tried to do this year. I think his trying say that he is being force to do things that they want. Something like you being told what to do and what not to do or what to have and not have on his part of garage.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Tough sell

I fancied Spies as a darkhorse for the glory this year. Especially with the 1000cc transition. I reckon this constant failure is a 50/50. I can't and won't even bother trying to point a finger at it. Politics,rider,preparation ?. Just a bummer all round. Funny old bone it is. Ben can't wait to get away from the fucking M1 and Rossi can't wait to get away from the fucking D16.

Now. What the hell is happening in Doviland ?. I thought he and Ducati were a done deal. Judging by the delay in the announcement,not so. Carmello still juggling numbers I guess.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I happen to look at things this away regarding Spies I think he is under team orders at Yamaha or is it the fact that Yamaha are shet scared that he will take points off his team-mate just a thought.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

A new one at least

He always seems to have a plausible excuse eh? Or did he blow it deliberately as it seemed obvious that he would eventually be caught and passed by at least 3 riders. He obviously has never heard the true saying of ' you make your luck' or as Gary Player once said ' the more I practice , the luckier I get !

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

LUCK

Ben certainly hasnt had any luck this year (or could it be that Ben is leaving and Yamaha arnt to bothered about his bike) If Rossi has the same luck watch the sparks fly then. Trouble with Ben he is to nice a guy and he should really be laying into Yamaha about the state of the bike.  It will be good to have Ben back in the more competitive WSB paddock next year because he is still  a fantastic rider

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Gutted for Ben. Re-'you must give 100%' comments, he does imo. All the best for the rest of the season.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

elbowz - the only team order Spies has had all season is to take points off Stoner and Pedrosa, which he has consistently failed to achieve.  obviously mechanical failures got in the way of his two home outings, otherwise a gimmer of form may have occurred.  somehow, i don't think that Yamaha are 'scared' of Spies ....

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Lots of bad luck for the young man, or so it seems. Is it a case of making your own luck, or is it the case of being the number 2 rider on a team? I honestly don't know. What I do recall is a time when Colin Edwards said that it's hard to win when Rossi is your team mate, but Lorenzo disproved that.

Anyhow I wish all the best for the remainder of the season, and I hope he finds a good ride somewhere next year.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Chips & Gravy

"Or did he blow it deliberately..."

Please share your intel on how exactly does a GP rider intentionally blow his own engine after being handed the bike by an engineer under full scruitny of the worlds cameras on the grid? Does he redline it in every gear for every single lap maybe?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices