Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies rues more cruel misfortune in Indianapolis MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies rues more cruel misfortune in Indianapolis

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies rues more cruel misfortune in Indianapolis

Ben Spies was left counting the cost of more cruel bad luck in Indianapolis on Sunday after the Texan was denied a home podium by a major engine failure.Spies was running in a relatively comfortable second place behind Repsol Honda rival Dani Pedrosa when his YZR-M1 engine spectacularly blew up on the home straight as he prepared finish lap seven. The engine meltdown...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 August 2012 09:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Rossi / Spies

It would seem the best thing to do - swap Spies for Rossi as both are not enjoying it and it would be good for the rest of the season!

Has a rider ever changed teams mid season at this level?

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

funny old bunch at crash.net

As cosherB said, theyve blocked any comments regarding the Ben Spies article...pressure from Yamaha?! LOL! there were quite a few angry customers who refused to buy anymore products from them! jesus! angry rednecks?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Has a rider ever changed teams in mid season I think not and I doubt Dorna will let it happen.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Pretty sure I saw a shot of Lin Jarvis

pressing a button and laughing immediately before this happened.

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Got to disagree..

Someone has has this much misfortune in a season before - 2006 and he was riding a Camel!

3 or 4 mechanical DNF's I think. China, Laguna, LeMans an maybe 1 other, he nearly took the title that year but dropped a bollock himself in Valencia to spunk it up the wall.

I won't bother asking you to guess who it is as it will make you look back to 2006 when the racing was spectacular and the top 20 prototype bikes were usually seperated by no more than 30 seconds.

Regardless, good luck to Spies, he has shown some balls this. This sort of luck can make people great, here's to hoping!

Reply to this Topic
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

I hope there's no such thing as reincarnation cos' the luck Ben's having this season he will come back as himself

Reply to this Topic
wallymann

Aug 10

wallymann says:

amazingly bad luck

cant put it to words.  feel bad for the guy.

it's like he has the hex vale put on gibernau, only 10-fold!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

that bad?

he was never challenging for the title, never in many positions this year to win a race, why is it all so unlucky, ive been watching racing a long time and unlucky is getting hit from behind by another rider and getting an injury, just because he is on a factory yam and liked does not make it all unlucky and so bad, hector b has been the worst out of all  on the grid as he actually has been trying and still comes out with broken bones. but that my veiw. if spies wanted it that bad he would'nt have looked like he wanted to pull in like earlier in the season, and why would yam put anymore effort in after he said he was leaving.

the engine blowing up happens it always will happen in racing.tough luck ben.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

YAMAHA POLITIC

Is much bad than honda. Remember 2009 when suddenly lorenzo must start from last of grid because engine failure. That's the race when rossi can got WC or denied if he fail to reach some spot.yeah. I've told you from the beginning of season buddy. Something wrong has happened to ben. He tested good in pre season. I cann't believe it and I hope it's not lorenzo that has influence with it. I doubt it. Cause that bad politic only done by 9 times ass lover CHICKEN champion rossi. Good luck for spies.he need it. I cann't believe they could do it to honest rider like ben. Ben is like stoner. Fight for living. And his mother is one of a kind who support him 110 percent! God bless him.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

WHY CHICKEN CHAMPION

Afraid if JB and all other crew not follow him? Why he afraid there could be anything wrong with his set up or bike or electronic? Yes. Because you must be done the same tactic to others. In ben case, I'm sure someone from outside that has good relationship with top yamaha schemeing this to make ben looks worse. KARMA always comes double!!! He already get his karma since 2007 bad scheme. He'll get it another soon. Remember stoner case that he said someone at top ducati wanted to kill his career since 2007 saga. Yes. Believe it or not it happens. Not mention with gambling company / mob. Politic is sucks!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices