Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies rues more cruel misfortune in Indianapolis MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies rues more cruel misfortune in Indianapolis

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies rues more cruel misfortune in Indianapolis

Ben Spies was left counting the cost of more cruel bad luck in Indianapolis on Sunday after the Texan was denied a home podium by a major engine failure.Spies was running in a relatively comfortable second place behind Repsol Honda rival Dani Pedrosa when his YZR-M1 engine spectacularly blew up on the home straight as he prepared finish lap seven. The engine meltdown...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 August 2012 09:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

That just sounds stupid how did Ben blow his own engine he knows just like the other riders that they are all limited to six engines to last them the entire season.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Looks like

Someone had it in for Ben before the start of the season ( reading between the lines , that is ) .

The bikes are bouncing of the rev limiter in every gear , i dont see how Ben could of blown the engine........

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

For all I know that could have been one of Lorenzo's old engines just another thought.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Let down by Yamaha

Ben Spies has been so unlucky this season but more than that he has been let down by Yamaha. There have obviously been things said by Yamaha management that shouldn't have been and obviously he has not been given the bike to win races on. His two best chances at the two US rounds and stupid mechanicals both times - that just says it all. Its a great shame he won't be in MotoGP next season as he clearly has the ability, as shown last weekend when he was riding the wheels off and looked to me to be on for the win.

Reply to this Topic
tobyj

Jul 12

tobyj says:

Holy xray eyes WOW !!

Reverend Xray, do your super powers never end ?

"Spies ran the bearings dry in his qualifying crash - understandably, the (then new) motor didn't last too long after that"

Wow !

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Revisited

The Yamaha MI is the Dainty Dancer of the GP grid. It don't bounce that well as evidenced. 

Weak engine and superb chassis. Ducati : Superb engine and pilot specific chassis,

Honda,as ever compromise. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Speez..

has really gone down in my humble estimation.

He's such a pretentious fkin mummys boy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Moody2Showtime

Aug 12

Better luck in sbks Ben

Man it's so frustrating for Spies everyone knows he's got the ability but he's been hampered with bad luck. I say it's a shame he won't be in Gp next year as his luck might have changed. Also when guys give him grief about his mother n stuff I think it's shit that they could do that his mam has done everything for him and supported him 100% I think it's cool that she's done what she has and deserves to be amongst it! Like Ben said he couldn't have done it without her working 3 jobs to get him to the track at a weekend! Anyway good luck for Superbikes, I might try and watch it a bit more now bens going to be there? Come on 46 for 2013! Bring back the flair of GP!

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

"Its a great shame he won't be in MotoGP next season as he clearly has the ability"

ivebeenthehero - i'm afraid the standings just don't bear out that assertion.  as i've said elsewhere, he has been expected to take points off Stoner and Pedrosa during 2012 which he as consistently failed to accomplish.  i guess i also live in the wosi camp - Spies on camera comes across as a nice guy, but either is utterly stupid or has very bad advice from around him when it comes to social media conduct.  i suspect it's the latter.

elbowz - riders can't share engines, it's against the rules.  please see my 21 August 2012 12:02 post.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

team order

btw, don't forget that it was spies that shun team order from last season. and yamaha knew if spies being give full support, he'll for sure try all he can to beat lorenzo. and that's very bad for championship.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices