Skip to content

Ask an Expert N623 Burgos / Santander Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > N623 Burgos / Santander

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

N623 Burgos / Santander

Just want to say that I am sorry for those of you who have not had the pleasure of riding it :smile 

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 August 2012 10:20)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dd1965uk

Mar 09

dd1965uk says:

Santander

Thinking of going on ferry to santander mid october. Where's good to ride to? Was thinking of going south then east up the coast.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Spanish trip

How long will you have over there?

Reply to this Topic
dd1965uk

Mar 09

dd1965uk says:

Trip

About 5 days, maybe 6 at a push

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Spanish trip

Assuming that you want a reasonable balance between riding and seeing a bit of Spain I would not go much further south than Madrid.  There is a place just south of Madrid called Aranjuez – a very pleasant town that is well worth a visit.  Or, if you want the city experience, stay in Madrid itself.  Aranjuez is an easy days ride from Santander or you could make it a two-day trip if you take some time to look around Burgos on the way – also well worth doing.

From there head northeast into the Pyrenees.  The scenery is stunning and you’ll have lots of empty, well surfaced mountain roads to play on – Heaven.  My route up would be via Saragossa, Huesca and Jaca.  Again Jaca is a very nice place to stay.  A relatively small town with great scenery and a castle. 

After a day of two in the mountains it will be time to work your way back to Santander.  Again, this can be done in a day without it becoming an endurance test.  The road along the north coast via San Sebastian is great. 

There are loads of places to stay for a reasonable cost.  If you have an iPhone, download the app for NH Hotels.  They are all over Spain and in most places you can usually get a double room for around EUR 50.  A lot of their 3-star hotels are of a very good standard; just what you need after a day of playing on your bike.       

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
dd1965uk

Mar 09

dd1965uk says:

Trip

Thanks a lot Marcus for your time and trouble. Will definitely check your route out and maybe book some hotels along the way.

Will let you know how we get on ok

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Spanish trip

You are more than welcome.  I hope you have a great time and end up loving it as much as I do. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices