Skip to content

Discuss This Norton Commando 961 owners wanted General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Norton Commando 961 owners wanted

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Norton Commando 961 owners wanted

Have you bought a bike from revived Norton’s Commando 961 range? If so we’d like your help for an MCN story. We’re not going to ask to ride your bike. We’d just like to speak to you. Email steve.farrell@motorcyclenews.com with a daytime phone number. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 August 2012 11:19)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gregmvf4

Mar 03

gregmvf4 says:

I'm assuming this is tied to that story on bikerglory? :0/

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

Greg

Thanks for mentioning that greg , that makes for interesting reading...

It's too bad that they have done this. The machines look great , it is just a shame that they have forced growth on a complany which simply cannot support it yet.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

"Bought" or "received"?

There seems to be a bit of a gap between the two.  Like, a Grand Canyon sized one.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I'd be interested to know how many bikes they have sold in total up to now. And if they are still trying to fix that Aprilia engined racer. Things seem to have gone very quiet with Norton at the moment. It would also be interesting to hear from people who have ordered bikes but not received them.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Norton

Perhaps they should curtail their racing efforts until they have fulfilled the outstanding bike orders.  I am sure it's a cash-flow issue but, if they get a reputation for not delivering, they'll be out of business in no time. 

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

oh dear

I dont like the sound of this.the poor people who paid in full only to wait and wait have my sympathy,I hope norton make it but i have heard horror stories regarding delivery and reliability.a real shame as the bikes look great and there apears to be people wiling to buy one.good luck norton

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

expensive nostalgia....

when a well known name is reborn the result is usually the same, re designed versions of long out of date designs, built for a fast dwindling client base. Triumph have proven that with a little bit of imagination and a shed load of money, a thriving business can survive and prosper. Nostalgia really isn't what it used to be.

Reply to this Topic
marval

Nov 03

marval says:

Norton Deliveries

Glad I didn't buy a Delorean either!!!

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

It's an undeniably good looking bike, which I would love to own. Don't thnik I'll get the chance though, by the look of things delivery and production wise. 

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

MCN should consider running an article about the people who have not received their bikes. There are some dreadful stories out there on the forums of people being seriously messed around by Norton and having to resort to legal action to get their money back off the company. The customer service is non existent! http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=norton+motorcycles+delivery+problems&oq=norton+motorcycles+d&gs_l=hp.1.0.0l7j0i30l3.1304.13147.1.15614.22.15.1.6.6.0.106.1297.13j2.15.0...0.0...1c.awZvwA1Cqv4&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=59c55e3e28a4e30a&biw=1024&bih=681

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle