Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

You ask, you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? A friend of mine claims to have out-run the police who attempted to catch him when he was speeding on a dual carriageway. I think he's telling the truth. I ride a Blackbird, and must admit I'd be tempted to gas it if I thought they hadn't got my...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 August 2012 12:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Trying to out-run the Police

Stupid-stupid-stupid-stupid-stupid !!

You'll either end up in a lot more trouble or a coffin. 

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

If they have got your number plate

you will go to jail!!! Take the points and fine, or you never know you might get off it if he/she is feeling in a good mood!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Is this a serious question? If the police have your number, how long do you think it will be before theres a knock at the door (or a battering ram through it!) If its that serious, there will be no excuse as they will probably have you on film and will also identify you with your clothing. If you are speeding, you should keep one eye on the mirror and immediately slow if you see police or preferably speed where there is nothing around you and you can see the road is clear.

Reply to this Topic
Drewson

Aug 12

Drewson says:

There are 4 potential out comes to being so pants on head retarded as to try & out run the police.

1: you get away with it.

2: you get nicked & they throw the book at you.

3: you screw up so badly you kill some one & do serious jail time.

4: you die in the attempt.

Personally, ide rather just pay the fine, take the bloody points, & try not to be so unobservant next time. 

Reply to this Topic
DrWorm

Jul 11

DrWorm says:

Yeah go for it

Go for it mate, what have you got to lose...only everything.

Reply to this Topic
Grumpyoldtechie

Aug 11

An idiotic question.

Idiotic to even consider it.

Reply to this Topic
oscarman

Mar 12

oscarman says:

On the right bike in the right place, a cop car is easy to outrun but there could easily have a chopper following way above and you would never know until they knock on your door and you could loose everything. my advice, only ride fast in safe, remote places you know and remain safe and calm everywhere else. you'll only enjoy your machine more when you get a good chance to give it the beans...

Reply to this Topic
iD4VE

Aug 12

iD4VE says:

is your reg plate BE11 END? It must be to ask such a stupid question.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

You might

outrun a car (or bike), but you won't outrun a helicopter - once its in the air, you've had it.

As already stated, the risks are high - it's what you're average teenage joyrider tries to do.

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

go on try it

and with my success rate (100% at the last count) you wouldnt have a pray--so just pull over and take it. What may have been a few points would suddenly be prison Id make sure of that.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices