Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

You ask, you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? A friend of mine claims to have out-run the police who attempted to catch him when he was speeding on a dual carriageway. I think he's telling the truth. I ride a Blackbird, and must admit I'd be tempted to gas it if I thought they hadn't got my...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 August 2012 12:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hellobignose

Mar 09

hellobignose says:

steadytwowheels etc

You are so right. MCN should never ask questions like this because one of those stupid people on sportsbikes might answer in an unsatisfactory way and then the Daily Mail will read the answer and report that a motorcyclist said he might do something silly and then motorcycling will be banned and it will be MCN's fault. Bloody MCN!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

billysollocks

"nothing is faster than a radio transmission?... my mate had a FSIE a few years back that was fast as F--k !

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

WHAT

mcn are you crazy ? i cant think of a better way of getting banged up ,or killed'Really grow up mcn.

Reply to this Topic
alien2

Aug 02

alien2 says:

Are you stupid

Is it worth killing someone or your self just to avoid some points and a few quid of a fine.

Off course it's not. WHAT A STUPID BL**DY QUESTION!

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

FFS!

Only if you want to end up in a) casualty, b) a cell or c) a coffin. What a stupid fecking question!

Reply to this Topic
F0ulOli

Jun 12

F0ulOli says:

good question!

The headline makes you wonder if MCN has lost its marbles, but then I got to thinking if you took the questions seriously ...!

You got to ask yourself a few questions

1 What type of road are you on, and what's the traffic like?

2 Where will you be in 8 minutes? Will the copper on the ground still be close to you in 5 minutes?

3 Why do they want to stop you, and is the penalty of being caught worse than being caught after running away?

If the road is filter heavy and there is a big junction up ahead, you might have a chance.

The helicopter will be in the air above you in 8 minutes - unless the copper on the road don't know where you are to direct the chopper - hence the 5 minute question!

Are you an armed robber or a wanted murder? Maybe you should run, but if all you have is no insurance, or MOT, its not worth it!

The reality if that if you are a criminal type, the bike isn't registered to you, you do this sort of thing all the time, your life is worthless and you possibly have a better chance if you run.  If you crash and die, at least society is better off in the long run!

The rest of us wouldn't be able to survive the adrenalin rush of such a stupid idea!

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

Get some lessons from Mr Ghostrider and a flip-up number plate.

Reply to this Topic
rugbybiker

Apr 10

rugbybiker says:

Yep, your crazy. Have you not seen some of the videos and conseuqnces of pratts who decide they will outrun the police. Third parties get killed when it happens - if u wanna kill yourself outrunning a copcar then fine but don't drag anyone else into your silly games. Oh - MCN - top marks for a real gutter trip.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

NO

Dont be so stupid if you think you can out run the police then you must be off your rocker. it does'nt matter what bike you ride there are a damn site more of them than you. and they will get you weather they have your reg plate or not .

Just pull over and  if you have done somthing stupid admit it and appologise , most coppers will give you a talking to and let you go if not and you get a ticket tough you probably deserve it.

Reply to this Topic
flyingpanintothefire

Aug 02

Ah Yes!

This type of rubbish, just reminded me on why I no longer buy motorcycle magazines

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices