Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

You ask, you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? A friend of mine claims to have out-run the police who attempted to catch him when he was speeding on a dual carriageway. I think he's telling the truth. I ride a Blackbird, and must admit I'd be tempted to gas it if I thought they hadn't got my...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 August 2012 12:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
biker1473

Apr 09

biker1473 says:

If they've got your number...

Quite a few of the comments start "If they've got your number...". There's no 'if' about it. Patrol cars don't rely on the mark I eyeball anymore - they have automatic number plate recognition technology. If they clocked you speeding then they already have your number. If you outrun them then you'll get a visit at home later. It's as simple as that.

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

tactical avoidance is another matter

I regularly stop or use roundabouts to get away from police.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

My friend claims he shagged Kelly Brook and Beyoncé.

At the same time.  When he was in the SAS.  I think he's telling the truth.

Eh, take your helmet off.  Most Forces won't pursue, and if you follow this advice and crash, you won't damage anything useful.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

In the Colonies

Here in the US with our militarized police, they might decide you are a terrorist and send a Hellfire missile from a helicopter or drone at you.  Survival rate for that approaches zero.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Ducati848.

I disagree. I think you will find this is not a genuine question from a reader hence the response.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Even if they see your............

.................numberplate they can do nothing once you've high tailed it off. If they come to your house later that day you deny everything and there's NOTHING that they can do about it. I've left three patrol cars standing in the last two years and never heard anything of it later.   

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Never had a Section 172 then?

They probably don't hand them out to people in the SAS.

Of course this isn't a genuine question, they're just trolling for content.  Play along, chaps.

Reply to this Topic
DaveTriumphTiger

Aug 12

Is it worth risking everything?

If it was me seeing the blues in my mirrors i would just stop and take the punishment,  going fast is part of riding a bike, but being put under pressure to go that bit extra fast then your asking for trouble, you may get away with it once or twice, but in the end one of two things will happen...Either they catch you and you end up on a holiday or the meat wagon will shovel you up.  is it really worth it?

Reply to this Topic
Biter

May 12

Biter says:

RA

I think you have to look at the risk and benefit. People go to prison now for speeding, you cant get a tougher sentance than for killing someone.

If I was clocked doing 140mph then unless it was a police bike I would not stop for the police. If I stop I lose my freedom, my job and possibly the house. No thanks I will take the chance. 

If I was clocked at 100mpg then I would rather just take the ticket.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

About a year ago a "friend" of mine...

...overtook a grey Audi S4 early one Sunday morning, only to find it sticking to his back tyre. So he opened up his bike for the next few corners, and thought that was that, only to find the Audi was trying to keep up. At this point my friend decided to gun his bike down a nice long straight and leave the Audi once and for all. So after having ridden hard along the straight, overtaking everything he came across and carrying on for about a mile like this, he felt is was a done deal, no more annoying Audi. Infact he chuckled to himself "if that guys still trying to come with me he's either mental or plod" while simultaneously looking in his mirror to see that some way back the Audi was literally pushing its way past slower traffic, with the little blue lights flashing away in the headlamps! Oh dear, thought my friend. Seeing no point in pulling over, and with nothing to lose, my friend cleared off into the middle distance (with ease) and awaited his summons, which has never arrived!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle