Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

You ask, you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? A friend of mine claims to have out-run the police who attempted to catch him when he was speeding on a dual carriageway. I think he's telling the truth. I ride a Blackbird, and must admit I'd be tempted to gas it if I thought they hadn't got my...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 August 2012 12:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
maculopathy

Mar 10

maculopathy says:

this site get even more idiotic every time I visit - this cannot be a genuine real question - it should never have been published on here - very slow news day MCN ?

If it's not bile & hatred spouted out on the discussion part of the sport pages against either Rossi or Stoner (depending on which numbnuts posts) then its nonsense like this -  Is this as good as we & MCN can do ? I'd like to think not but fear the answer is probably yes

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

If you own a quick bike it might be worth a go. The police rarely have have a helicopter in the air as it is too exensive just to fly around all day..

Sometimes you can just flash by a cop at high speed and they don't get your number and won't even bother trying to catch you.

Nowadays they put more effort into trying to catch you and it is a bit stressful for the next few days just in case you get a knock on the door or a letter in the post.

Life would be boring if you didn't take a risk now and then.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

why would you post this?

This is just asking for trouble and am surprised at the stupidity of whoever decided it would be a good idea to post this

Reply to this Topic
Monarch21375

Oct 10

Monarch21375 says:

Brilliant mcn...

Who on earth in your office thought it would be a good idea to post such a stupid thing?
This will be the last time I waste time on this site, or waste money buying your paper weekly, trying to read INTERESTING articles about an industry/sport I love.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Fomancu.

If you're a Policeman, you are essentially just a tool to do a job. I appreciate your sentiment, but only a judge would decide a prison term - your words only distance reasonable people from the Police..

Reply to this Topic
Typhon219

Oct 11

Typhon219 says:

What?

I have to admit my first thought when reading this was "how f*in stupid/desperate have MCN got?" but to be honest it's stupid questions/statements that invoke the most interesting and funny rants/responses/debates so there could be a point to this article if you don't take it seriously. And it makes a change from the brown nosing of Triumph articles or the constant stream of MotoGP soap opera untrue gossip.

Obviously I wont take the risk of running from the police but I can't say for sure that I wouldn't consider it for a second if I did see lights, I mean they're not keeping up if their only in a car are they and what a bloody rush.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I reckon this is another "THICK"titious question that will only detract from the overall image of Biking.Come on MCN, lets have some real questions from real people take a look at other sites such as Visordown.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

We are each the master or mistress of our own destiny. If you decide to do a runner, you really need to make sure you're concentrating fully on your riding. Remember - you need to be lucky all the time, and nothing is faster than a radio transmission.

YOU have to decide if it's worth it. For myself, if it all went boobies upwards, I'd take it on the chin. Fnaar fnaar

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

We are each the master or mistress of our own destiny. If you decide to do a runner, you really need to make sure you're concentrating fully on your riding. Remember - you need to be lucky all the time, and nothing is faster than a radio transmission.

YOU have to decide if it's worth it. For myself, if it all went boobies upwards, I'd take it on the chin. Fnaar fnaar

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

fomanchu ?

Prey = target of the hunter. Pray = to worship

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN