Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

You ask, you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? A friend of mine claims to have out-run the police who attempted to catch him when he was speeding on a dual carriageway. I think he's telling the truth. I ride a Blackbird, and must admit I'd be tempted to gas it if I thought they hadn't got my...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 August 2012 12:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

AND NEXT WEEKS QUESTION IS.....

I'm planning to rob my local charity shop, what would be the best way to get my self locked away??

Reply to this Topic
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

sometimes

I clocked a traffic car hiding in a lane off the main road as he moved away to follow me. I gassed it a bit and though about turning off down one of the many side roads I was passing, but decided to let him follow me at the speed limit. So 10mins later he caught up, pulled me and gave me a ticket for the 10mph over I was doing when he first saw me! Still kicking myself - 3 points which I could have easily avoided, bugger!

Reply to this Topic
weejeemy

Oct 09

weejeemy says:

outrun police?

Aye go ahead. Add to the crash statistics ya bam.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Doing a runner

If you talk to somebody old enough you may hear of times when they did a runner from the cops and got away with it (it might be a true story or a load of bull). Nowadays depending on the circumstance you may get away with it but equally if you get caught they'll throw the book at you and you could be looking at prison time (that didn't happen with the same ferocity in the past). I would never advocate people to run from the police but if they CHOOSE to do it then that's their responsibility

Reply to this Topic
HerbertChapman

Sep 10

A splendid idea. However, that yellow square on the back of your

bike is called a number plate and the combination of numbers and letters on it uniquely identify your bike and you (if you are the owner). You could always dump the bike, leg it and claim it was stolen. Then you'd have to hide in the bushes while plod scoured the lanes looking for you.

Reply to this Topic
DUCATI848

Aug 12

DUCATI848 says:

Why are you slating MCN?

I think a lot of people forget that MCN has not asked this question, this is a question that a fellow biker has asked, and actually makes for great reading with everyones mixed thoughts. I think this is quite a good question, we all speed, we are all bikers are we not, most of our bikes will break the speed limits in 1st gear, and these days we all know that speeding tickets are just a huge money making exercise, and that as long as you are an experienced, and safe rider, speeding on a motorbike in sensible areas (no pedestrians crossings roads, no heavy traffic or built up areas) is not exactly dangerous if you ride properly and within your limits. I will never promote running from the police, we all watch youtube videos with high speed police chases and crashes because of stupidity, but at the end of the day if you are riding safely in a sensible area as explained above, and a sneaky copper is hiding away just to spoil our fun, and you pull back the throttle enough to (safely) get enough distance that they loose sight of you, and you sneakily slip down a side road, and save yourself from getting 3 points and a £60 fine. So my verdict - don't do anything dangerous and get yourself in more trouble than you would if you pulled over, but in the right circumstance, if you can safely save yourself 3 points, and handing over your hard earned money for riding over a speed limit that was put in place when cars and bikes weren't advanced enough to safely ride them, then do it, don't start a police chase, just do a sneaky turn down a side road, and ride off into the distance points free.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

I do if I see them turning around, no point gunning it if they're behind you, already have ur np.

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

if i passed them at speed

i would probably continue in the same riding manor and hopefully turn off said road or pull in were they couldnt see me as they passed...................if they caught up i would pull over and play stupid.............your getting done for what they saw anyway..............though i wouldnt gas it and ride it like i stole in the hope of getting away, no point adding to your problems:wink:

Reply to this Topic
d0nkeychop

May 10

d0nkeychop says:

Lets hope

...you get a decent person to fill the 'top jobs' soon, some of these questions and polls are utter drivel.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

no

not worth it pull over and be polite,no point in being a tosser and giving it the gob.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices