Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

You ask, you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? A friend of mine claims to have out-run the police who attempted to catch him when he was speeding on a dual carriageway. I think he's telling the truth. I ride a Blackbird, and must admit I'd be tempted to gas it if I thought they hadn't got my...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 August 2012 12:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Biter

May 12

Biter says:

Childhood

It is strange I grew up in what I would like to think was a good family environment. I knew right from wrong. Do not steal, protect the weak, help old ladies etc. But also I witnessed many incidents that made me dislike the police. One vehicle related incident I remember was an officer pulling over my friend for a spot check (who is quiet as a mouse to this day) and breaking the side skirt off of his 2 month old Fiesta RS Turbo, then saying you should get that fixed!

Respect is earned, it does not come with a badge (or plasticard)

Reply to this Topic
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

Please dont.

I cant face another crap series on I.T.V where the plod are given airtime to big up how clever they are chasing people around the roads . The only time I want to see the police on the TV is on the news when rioters are bricking them.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

fomanchu

Show us your facts please..... cuz I think you are a little bit confused. If speed is such a big factor then why do the police break the safety limits?

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Danger... idiots at the helm...

What a totally ridiculous and stupid question.

Can't believe that this one slipped past the editorial filter onto the website.

WTF were you thinking MCN?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

billysollocks....

Ahh yes I forgot about the Frantic Chopper what a throbbing beast that was!

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

No. Don't be an idiot. Three points vs. a lost license and possible jail time? What are you thinking?

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Theoretical situation:

You are getting a move on down a single or dual carraigeway and a cop car or bike comes the other way and flashes his headlights at you and motions you to stop or pull over as he passes you going in the opposite direction.

What do you do? ........Carry on and get lost fast knowing he has little chance of turning around and then catching you, or do you comply with the officers request and pull over to wait for him to come back and nick you ?

Theres only one answer really ;)

Reply to this Topic
megadooomer

Jan 11

megadooomer says:

stooopid question

I agree It is a dumb ass question for MCN to ask.  I've only been stopped once on my blade.  (the first ride out after the insuurance cleared)  I was on my way home and it was why are you riding slowly and have you thought about bikesafe?  Touch wood no trouble after that.  If your misbehavin' 'fess up and take the hit.  Always worse if you try and run.  lol watched tooo much CSI :p

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

180mph

So the Audi A5 was used by Criminals ... at least 16 times before they were captured by police during a high speed chase. So the moral of this story is ...........?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices