Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

You ask, you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? A friend of mine claims to have out-run the police who attempted to catch him when he was speeding on a dual carriageway. I think he's telling the truth. I ride a Blackbird, and must admit I'd be tempted to gas it if I thought they hadn't got my...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 August 2012 12:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

If there's a police helicopter within 50 miles of then you are fucked as most forces wont chase a bike encase he crashes, they use the helicopter to follow you untill you stop. But try it and let us know.

Reply to this Topic
Throttled

Aug 11

Throttled says:

Stupid question, stupid of MCN to even post the question and sadly many stupid replies.

Whats next? Should I bother to insure my bike? Should I ride whilst drunk? FFS.

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

Sure we COULD

probably outrun the mondeo cops but the risk would be too high. In any case , you are getting pulled over for doing something you shouldnt have been doing so the odds are already not in your favour. It's a bit of a stupid question to be honest. , you can get pulled over for speeding , heres your fine and points , have a nice day sir , but running away is only gonna get you in more trouble.

Nah , don't bother.

Reply to this Topic
MartinZ

Sep 11

MartinZ says:

a different question

An average sports is designed and capable of exceeding 160mph safely and with a big margin for an error. We ought to ask should police chase bikes exceeding speed limits or focus on traffic offences that actually lead to accidents?

Reply to this Topic
jahtlR

Jun 12

jahtlR says:

I Did it....Didn't end well!

I'm normally quite a respectable individual with an offic job but 2 years back I passed a van doing 40 in a 50, there were solid white lines so no overtaking but the van moved across allowing to pass within the same lane. The police were parked in a layby facing me and when they saw the pass put the sirens on. I knew they hadn't seen my plate so went for it on my 636!

On the sweeping roads into town I was miles ahead and confident Id lost them but as I got into town and started to pass schools, shops children etc I thought it would end in tears unless I slow down...so I did and they caught up which resulted in them pulling me off my bike in full USA style while holding a taser and braking my mirror stalk in the process.

The copper told me he would personally make sure I lost my license, it went to court and I got 3 points for overtaking on  solid whites despite arguing the van allowed me to filter and I didnt beak the lines and enter the oncomming lane. Considering this incident involved a 100mph + chase through rural nottinghamshire I got off very lightly but look back and can't belive the stupidity of it, there is somnething about a fast bike that turns you into a bit of a hooligan.

Reply to this Topic
dave80h

Oct 08

dave80h says:

MartinZ

Yes you are quite right, modern sports bikes can easily and safely exceed 160 mph as can top end sports cars. The speed and machine are not the issue, it's the numb nut controlling it that is. With regards to the question MCN has posted, failing to stop for the police I would imagine would create almost a state of panic in a persons mind. As such they stop thinking about observations and other hazards and only about getting away from the police. Like many have said people might get away with it a few times but eventually something will come back to bite them, be it the police or simple physics. MCN print questions like this which in my opinion is almost egging folk on to try it then they criticise the police for stopping bikers. If you fail to stop it gives every other biker a bad name and of course the police are then going to start picking on bikers as a whole.

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

Fools

MCN what are you thinking? Dont we get enough crap for riding bikes without this. The answer is NO.

Reply to this Topic
likesitfast

Sep 11

likesitfast says:

MCN talking crap!!!

Another obvious, stupid question made up by the staff at MCN to fill the columns and pages of the website. Stop putting this sort of sh!te up and gain a little more respect as a motorcycle news paper

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

@MartinZ

"We ought to ask should police chase bikes exceeding speed limits or focus on traffic offences that actually lead to accidents?"--surely speed is one of the factors that lead to accidents--?

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

@snev. Everyone knows that fizzies were quick, but my mate toasted one on his Fantic Chopper.....honest!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices