Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

You ask/you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police?

You ask, you answer: Should I ever try to out-run the police? A friend of mine claims to have out-run the police who attempted to catch him when he was speeding on a dual carriageway. I think he's telling the truth. I ride a Blackbird, and must admit I'd be tempted to gas it if I thought they hadn't got my...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 August 2012 12:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sovrec

Sep 11

sovrec says:

Don't Just Be Another Idiot

...the road is crammed with idiots, most of them in cars - tailgating, car speeding and aggressive driving are bad enough - on two wheels you have the freedom to enjoy your journey so why compromise it by behaving like the morons already out there - don't put yourself in that position to start with - speed where it doesn't matter and with good judgement and let the cops mop up those stupid enough to drive like dicks in traffic monitored / controlled areas...oh and you might save your and someone else's life too...

Reply to this Topic
micepunk

Jun 12

micepunk says:

what

a stupid question

Reply to this Topic
BirdManSx

Aug 12

BirdManSx says:

ANPR..VASCAR..GATSO..the list goes on....Take it from someone who knows...six motorcycle fatalities in two weeks in south/ south west glamorgan..all of which were experienced cyclists over 35 years of age..not running from the law, all legal, not racing or riding in a manner that would endanger anyone else..yet the idiots who bring motorcyclists so much attention from the law, usually illegal manage to survive everything they bounce into... The temptation of evading 3 points..56 day ban at worst is ridiculous to taking anothers life or your own..If you want to act like an ar$e..get yourself four wheels like the others.

Reply to this Topic
kenco

May 07

kenco says:

If you're nuts...

..and don't mind killing someone cos half you're attention is on the lights in your mirrors. And think that coppers don't have video cameras, number plate recognition and radios.. But Ride The Lightening back there has a point anyway - I recall a police rider coming alongside at 90 on the M23 and just waving hand up and down to say 'chill and slow down' rather than getting all heavy and pulling me over. But if you're called out, pull over 'fess up, and trust yer fellow man.

Reply to this Topic
ivanhoe

Mar 04

ivanhoe says:

Use the race card

If your the type of rider that may have to outrun the constables then you will have a tiny,tiny number plate that cannot be seen without a telescope.  Next thing is to make a mental note of all travellers site in the area you ride.

When you see the blue lights in your mirrors head for the travellers site at top speed. The constables will not enter the site and  and you might even get a cup of tea.  If your in London try the Ecuador Embassy.

Reply to this Topic
bleep

Jan 10

bleep says:

Racing the Police...

Erm, anyone under 25 is capable of crass stupidity, and so was I. A couple of times I was a bit overenthusiastic with the throttle and attracted the attention of flashing lights and sirens. The first time I ducked down side streets, weaved in between stopped traffic, and did my best to stay out of sight. When I went back on the motorway to resume my journey, the same bike cop was waiting for me. He was a gentleman, he only did me for the speed I was doing on the motorway, not the shenanigans beforehand. A couple of years later, I heard a siren, and pulled over. A sweaty, shaken cop nearly fainted as he tried to ask me what I thought I was doing. I just said I was enjoying the ride on a nice twisty road, minding my own business. I didn't have mirrors on, and I said I didn't know he was even there. The poor bugger said he nearly fell off a couple of times trying to keep up with me. I just told him i was enjoying my bike's lithe handling, and getting the most out of the road. He only gave me a speeding ticket. These days if I get a chance to ride at all, it is always close to the speed limit. I have never felt the need for a very fast bike. That way lies jail.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

I did beat the fuckers once...

... didn't realise it was the filth that was chasing me until later.   Left them for dead, slowed down again (having thought that taught 'em a lesson), only to see them madly trying to catch up again, losing it around roundabouts and so on.

Could have disappeared up side-streets, given I was well ahead of them.  Instead, stopped next to a couple of plod on in a small town centre, said there's a crazy bastard in a car chasing me.

Next thing, the same car pulls up, out jump the filth.  "Bollocks" they say, when I said I didn't know they were cops.  Like sure, I stop next to the beat plod and start talking to them, after successfully outrunning them.  

They gave me a roughing up, said they've have ran me off the road if they'd caught me.  I believe them.

Good work, boys - I've had no respect for the filth ever since.  Result.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Whoops !

A friend of mine tried it once with rather unfortunate consequences. 

He was riding, rather quickly, along a dual carriageway when he heard the two-tones coming up from behind. Stupidly he made a run for it, put some distance between himself and the coppers, then turned off the road and hid for a while. 

That evening there was the inevitable knock on his front door. The police explained that they were "on a shout" for another incident that afternoon and not after him. However they had already noted his number and after seeing him take off like that they had no option but to nick him.

It was a while before he got his licence back. Sad but true.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ridefree

Jun 08

Ridefree says:

Only if your on foot or on a bicycle.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyfivewives

Aug 12

outrun the fuzz, not me m'lord

crazy to even think of it now, but around 1990 while on my gpz 750r i was aproaching the 30 mph sign in our village, at about 120mph, when i passed a police car sat in field gate hole. i bet by the time he got his paperwork put down and car started my bike was well tucked away in the shed, thats where it stayed for about a week cos i thought he would be looking for me. young an dumb eh..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices