Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Has Cal Crutchlow's nightmare changed your view of Ducati? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Has Cal Crutchlow's nightmare changed your view of Ducati?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Poll: Has Cal Crutchlow's nightmare changed your view of Ducati?

In an exclusive interview in MCN today (Wednesday), British MotoGP rider Cal Crutchlow reveals the full extent of his anger with Ducati. After being offered a ride in the factory team, Crutchlow was dumped weeks later in favour of his Tech-3 team-mate Dovisioso. In an explosive interview, Crutchlow says he was 'shafted' and 'lied to' by Ducati. So does this...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 August 2012 15:32)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Angry!! ??

Cal should be realy happy, not angry, what is he angry about? with Yamaha he can challange more at the front if he like dovi will now join ducati it will be a very negative year for him. he has lots and lots to learn yet. fast but not consistent. he can adjust but not develop so it must be clear to him that ducati choose dovi instead of him. let him ride and learn another year with tech3. if he's not happy and still angry please tech3 take another rider who will be happy to ride for you. like POL ESPAGARO. Cal cant show up big mouth and be angry. if he doesnt like it move to wss or wsbk. its obvious ducati needs alot of develop and cal can only setup a bike. so just ride your ass of this season ride your ass of next season and make sure other factory's notice you, let the riding do the talking cal. you didn't prove anything yet in motogp.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

ducati

ducati dont deserve cal

he will be better off long term you see

i dont like ducati never had

they are cheats and now  liars is my opinion, they have won two many WSB for my liking rules just favouring the twins

we have all been too stupid in believing their bike was the a cut above the japs, no chance

the truth is Ducati need the european sales to survive in the past and to do that they had to win

we have all been conned in WSB for years

they have ruined the sport i love

you only have to ride them down the years to know they are not as good as jap bike

but mugs spend 1000's on them because they think they are getting a cheap ferrari, bullshit

the last 6 years have shown at the top level show how good their best bikes are, sheds and the only success

they have had is due to the super human efforts from casey masking its faults

the last two years the truth is much clearer

cal is the best britsh rider to enter GP's since the great Sheene ,HE DESERVES BETTER

cal remember mate "IF IT AINT JAP,M IT AINT WORTH RIDING "

come on the Honey Badger

Reply to this Topic
Biter

May 12

Biter says:

Better handled

I really like Cal.

But I do think it could have been and continue to be better managed.

I agree with what someone said earlier, he has not got 100% from the existing bike yet and I bet the Yamaha will be a better bike again next year.

The Ducati on the other hand? Well if Audi go for a Le Man 24h style attack on the race series who knows? But it seems unlikely to produce a winning bike for a couple of years.

It the mean time I would suggest he cools the fireworks with Ducati. You dont want to burn down any future bridges.

Reply to this Topic
DaveTriumphTiger

Aug 12

Cal

its not really supprising, Cal is a fantastic rider, and has shown the world that he has what it takes, but the only problem is he is British,  when James Toseland won his world superbike championship with ducati, the tv cameras showed David Tadozzi and he looked furious that the frenchman hadnt won, i dont think ducati really like sucessful british riders, the only exception being carl foggarty.

Cal needs to forget about ducati, and hopefully stay with Yamaha, and show the world what he is made of.

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

bull shit...Ducati dont deserve Cal ? Other way around, people hype Cal up beyond his actual capabilities. Iv lost count how many times hes binned the yam and its a better handling bike than the gp12 ! Of course, like many I like him, we need aggression and effort in gp, just like Simoncelli had, and Cal certainly gives it a good go, but hes off the pace at this stage on a damn good bike. The Ducati would be a nightmare for him, its too powerful and it would be a disastrous partnership. Good job it didnt come off for both parties.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

lol @mr number "the ducati to powerful, it no more powerful than the yamaha or at best a few more, your talking like its 40-50+bhp more.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

Not sure who the winner is

The jury is still out on the Ducati ride. I have the greatest respect for Dovi's abilities but no one so far has made it work. Even Stoner ended up on his ass way too many times. If Rossi's return to Yamaha is less than spectacular i.e. he quits, then a tech three ride could be the way into a full Yamaha works ride.

Reply to this Topic
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

Probably better off with the yam anyway. Only chance of a factory ride in the next couple of years is if repsol see sense and get rid of pedrosa, or when rossi retires.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

DUCATI

A deal isn't a deal until you've got the money and unfortunately, in this case, there was nothing signed and no money was paid!! You live and learn and perhaps Cal should have waited until he had the contract in writing before thinking that it was a done deal. That's life!!!! and as I said earlier, until you've been paid the money a deal isn't a deal, unfortunately. That doesn't excuse Ducati for leading him up the garden path but it would seem that they had second thoughts and changed their mind! He should have asked for a commitment, in writing, on the day, from Ducati and if Ducati weren't prepared to give some form of commitment it was because they weren't 100% commited! Looks like he needs me there to negotiate for him and close the deal on the day!!!Lol!!! Having said all of that, sometimes it is better to "bite your lip" and say nothing as you never know hopw things can change and they can come back to you, to your benefit!! Something else better will turn up Cal!! You'll see!!Ciao

Reply to this Topic
mchale2020

Apr 12

mchale2020 says:

I'm not exactly sure why this is being made into such a big deal. The Tech3 squad has been faster than the factory Ducks all season, and that's with limited satellite support from Yamaha. Cal may have been a better fit for the Duck's aggressive nature than Dovi, but I don't think he is at any disadvantage considering how much work the factory Ducati team has to do to make a competitive bike for next season, which no one really knows if we will see any positive results from Ducati by then anyway. I hope Cal can get along with the Tech3 squad and show some solid consistency in the future if he signs with them. Maybe by the time Cal is looking for a solid factory ride again, Rossi will be ready to move on from MotoGP and his experience on the satellite M1 along with two more good seasons behind him will land Cal a factory M1.

Also, I wish he hadn't of shaved his head.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices