Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Has Cal Crutchlow's nightmare changed your view of Ducati? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Has Cal Crutchlow's nightmare changed your view of Ducati?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Poll: Has Cal Crutchlow's nightmare changed your view of Ducati?

In an exclusive interview in MCN today (Wednesday), British MotoGP rider Cal Crutchlow reveals the full extent of his anger with Ducati. After being offered a ride in the factory team, Crutchlow was dumped weeks later in favour of his Tech-3 team-mate Dovisioso. In an explosive interview, Crutchlow says he was 'shafted' and 'lied to' by Ducati. So does this...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 August 2012 15:32)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

I`d NEVER buy a Ducati

Dont like Italian cars or bikes ( bloody love their food ! ) I hate V twins tried n tried em, hate the engine braking . Italian stuf is great when it goes BUT usually it a unreliable pig !

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Cal should be thankful he dodged a bullet, so get out of GP and head to WSB!

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

Why did Cal want to go there when the Tech 3 is better? That bike is better than what he's doing atm so he needs to focus on his own ride, if Lorenzo, Rossi or Stoner was on it they would have won by now.

Reply to this Topic
meccano

Aug 02

meccano says:

Wow, this is great!

A reasoned exchange of views without the usual Rossi/Stoner trolls/morons/fans.

I agree with what's been said - Cal's a good rider but not as good as Dovi ATM so you can't blame Ducati for picking the better candidate. He didn't help his cause by "prioritising" what he wanted, so he managed to piss off Yamaha (gimme a factory ride or I'll walk), Ducati (ok, I'll ride your bike if I have to but really I want a Yamaha factory ride and I'm only using you to force their hand) and Tech 3 (don't wanna ride for you any more 'cos I'm better than the bike......er, sorry, ok then I will ride for you now cos nowt else is on the table).

Just ride the bloody bike, Cal. If you're good enough the offers will come.

Reply to this Topic
mikeyff

May 09

mikeyff says:

What were Ducati thinking...

... signing the rider with the better results and a proven track record in Moto GP, crazy!

Cal needs to put up or shut up, or become an Italian citizen.

Reply to this Topic
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

Figaro

Cal should put all this behind him. Whats done is done and he now needs to concentrate on next year. Best way to show Ducati they made a mistake is to finish above them . Let your racing do the talking. Getting a ride on the Ducati has been the ruin of many a rider so maybe Dovi might regret having a go at it.

I guess FIG JAM is partly medicinal as it would certainly aid constipation (something a few on here dont seem to suffer from ). 

Reply to this Topic
ginganz13

Nov 09

ginganz13 says:

Response missing from poll

No - I always knew they were a pack of self serving arseholes.

That bloody bike will eat Dovizioso alive - he won't be seeing the podioum for another 2 years at least.

Reply to this Topic
waipipi

Jul 06

waipipi says:

Nigel

Agree completely - stick with Tech3 if he can and beat the Duc..... he should be able to do that blindfolded. Not sure why there are so many haters of Cal, he's an honest grass roots rider and says it how it is - sure deliver on the track and the comments will go away but this is a class field and will only get better next year for sure

Reply to this Topic
bailbath

Mar 09

bailbath says:

hate

If at the beginning of the season no one would have believed how well Crutchlow has done. Fifth in title standings. There are still plenty of races left so he still has a chance of beating Dovi. It will be hard and it may not happen but he deserves support for what he has achieved this year in only his second year in Motogp.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Cal's rather odd.........

.............sense of humor when being interviewed on the starting grid  is beginning to grate with me

He seems a nice enough guy but is getting a little full of himself of late.

Of course he was dropped by Ducati when Dovi became available.

Dovi has consistantly beaten him in qualy and the race since a third of the way through the season..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices