Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Has Cal Crutchlow's nightmare changed your view of Ducati? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Has Cal Crutchlow's nightmare changed your view of Ducati?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Poll: Has Cal Crutchlow's nightmare changed your view of Ducati?

In an exclusive interview in MCN today (Wednesday), British MotoGP rider Cal Crutchlow reveals the full extent of his anger with Ducati. After being offered a ride in the factory team, Crutchlow was dumped weeks later in favour of his Tech-3 team-mate Dovisioso. In an explosive interview, Crutchlow says he was 'shafted' and 'lied to' by Ducati. So does this...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 August 2012 15:32)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nickyb65

Jan 10

nickyb65 says:

Ducati contract

It pains me to say it but maybe Ducati made the right choice for Dovi. He has been smoother and has been less prone to crashes than Cal and more podiums. Saying that Cal is a brilliant rider with the guts of a Lion. I reckon Ducati will offer him a contract once Hayden's 1 year deal is out, that time, Cal would have gained more experience in MotoGP anyway. Poor show on Ducati that, if indeed they did 'promise' Cal a contract though, maybe Audi and being Italian had something to do with it, sales of bikes I mean.

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

Stupid story

who cares how Cal was treated...he's big enough an old enough to wipe his own bum and if he had a real gripe his manager and lawyers would be all over Ducati.........he just likes to moan and hear his own voice. Waste of space story and if this is what you think we want to read your not up to much as reporters.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Chimneyportions

Haha i like it.  Thats a post i would put my name to. 

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Just kidding chimneypots

but i liked your 1st paragraph though lol.  Cal is for me a great rider with bags of potential but please keep yer trap shut about contracts. 

Yes i would move to Ducati for money reasons,  the  offer of millions compared to the offer of thousands.  Who wouldn't.  I don't believe anybody who says they wouldn't.

Having said that, Cal is far far better off staying at Tech 3.  Cal said you need a factory bike to win a title.  Yes but not a Ducati factory bike lol so staying in Herves team is best choice competition wise and it'll be proved next season unless Volkwagon, i mean Audi pull a rabbit out the hat which i doubt.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

The bloke just

Tells the truth ,it's an ill advised traight these days as it;s so unusual but,He took them at their word ,lets face it they even told Herve of their intentions ,I hope that following Rossi shafting them they have signed their Italian nemesis ,Hayden has been made to look good by Rossi's lack of effort but Dovi is far from up to the job ,all will be repaid to Ducati, and Cal will prove his worth ,the man is a talent and people just take his fun and honesty the wrong way ,the presenters enjoy his humour and approachability ,maybe he should be more tense and less friendly ,ff sake are people so thick they can't even see the presenters use him because he is so easy going ?

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

The bloke just

Tells the truth ,it's an ill advised traight these days as it;s so unusual but,He took them at their word ,lets face it they even told Herve of their intentions ,I hope that following Rossi shafting them they have signed their Italian nemesis ,Hayden has been made to look good by Rossi's lack of effort but Dovi is far from up to the job ,all will be repaid to Ducati, and Cal will prove his worth ,the man is a talent and people just take his fun and honesty the wrong way ,the presenters enjoy his humour and approachability ,maybe he should be more tense and less friendly ,ff sake are people so thick they can't even see the presenters use him because he is so easy going ?

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Keep It Confidential

I think the problem was that the story went public when it was in the "preliminary talks" stage. Then, when it didn't happen, there was a big fuss. If we'd heard nothing until later and Cal then said he'd been approached there would have been no embarrassment.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices