Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Has Cal Crutchlow's nightmare changed your view of Ducati? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Has Cal Crutchlow's nightmare changed your view of Ducati?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Poll: Has Cal Crutchlow's nightmare changed your view of Ducati?

In an exclusive interview in MCN today (Wednesday), British MotoGP rider Cal Crutchlow reveals the full extent of his anger with Ducati. After being offered a ride in the factory team, Crutchlow was dumped weeks later in favour of his Tech-3 team-mate Dovisioso. In an explosive interview, Crutchlow says he was 'shafted' and 'lied to' by Ducati. So does this...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 August 2012 15:32)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
exsup

Jun 06

exsup says:

Cal better off

Maybe the events have done Cal a favour lets face it both Rossi and Hayden have not been able to do much with the bike and if Dovi goes there and fails then it gives Cal a chance to get on the podium and get noticed.

Reply to this Topic
exsup

Jun 06

exsup says:

Simo

Just a thought I wonder how all this would have played out if Simmo was still alive>

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

See-Saw anyone?

If Cal had gone to Ducati, everyone would've looked at the positives of it - big backing by Audi, determination of management to chage the Duke, Cals riding style, big bucks etcetera and the negatives of staying with Tech-3.  As his options are now limited to a Honda satellite or WSB ride, people are looking at the negatives of moving to an Italian firm and the positive of Rossis trickledown feedback to improve the M1.  Go figure?

Cal shouldn't be so vocal about his concerns, he's starting to sound like another World Champ who's on a plane bound for the motherland.  I wish the kid well, but he has to realise the media circus should be an advantage and not a vent....

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

In a name / word - "Machieavellian". Cal really shouldn't be surprised at Ducati wanting an Italian rider on an Italian bike.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up; I still recalling Dovi whining about Marco, who had rather large cojones when it came to riding a bike fast and stamping his authority. Let's hope Cal can display and use his innate talent to full effect in the future.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Result

So instead of a p.o.s. factory bike which is midfield at best, Cal gets to stay aboard a Yamaha which has the potential to regularly achieve podiums.

No cause for complaint there methinks.

Reply to this Topic
MrWonderful

Feb 11

MrWonderful says:

Show Ducati your mettle, Cal

Cal must be feeling badly let down, but it was always going to be an Italian for Ducati unless Cal was the only rider on offer. I think Cal's better off - the Tech3 Yamaha is a proven package and will still beat the Ducati next season, and it will be very satisfying for Cal to beat his ex-team-mate next year. Dovi's no Stoner, and I fear his style (like Rossi's) just won't suit the Ducati. The only way the Duke will win is with a complete redesign, not more tinkering. As the expression goes - 'you can't polish a turd'.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Let's see.. in the last few races Dovi has been verging on superb.. Cal has struggled a bit by comparison. The seats that Dovi was after (Honda, Yamaha) have disappeared, and he may have been shafted there too - Ducati may have wanted him, but he may have thought he had a (say) Yamaha seat. What does the big money do..? Goes for the guy who looks hot. Doci looks stronger than Cal at the moment. On the other hand.. I think Cal would have been much more likely to tame the beast. Does it change my view of Ducati? No.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

We have been hoping and praying that Cal didnt sign up with Ducati for weeks !!! The Ducati can't compete, it aint good enough. We've watched the handling problems in the bends with the Ducks for the last 2 years, they aint changed.

Stoner did well with the Dukes because he is in a league of his own, he could lead on a Chinese bike.

Cal, God bless you mate, think yourself well out of it with Duckatli. Please carry on talking the piss out of that twat BBC race bloke. You know the one..... the billy no mates in the pullover ? ;)

Big fans of yours in our house !!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Actually the bastards did you a favour Cal.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Its good that Cal has self belief, but...

...I think that self belief is in serious danger of becoming arrogance. How dare Ducati change their mind!? Perhaps it wouldn't have hurt so much if Cal hadn't shot his mouth off about the deal to everyone before it actually happened.

I think Cal has a future in Motogp, but he really needs to learn some diplomacy and start using his head. We all  know Cal got shafted, but slagging off Ducati is a bad move. Never burn your bridges.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices