Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso signs two-year Ducati deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso signs two-year Ducati deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Mattew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso signs two-year Ducati deal

Andrea Dovizioso is the latest high profile MotoGP rider to stake his reputation on turning around Ducati’s fortunes in MotoGP after the Italian signed a two-year deal to join the Bologna factory.The former world 125GP champion will leave the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad at the end of 2012 to join American Nicky Hayden on a factory Desmosedici GP13.Dovizioso will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 August 2012 17:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

I have an old NORTON

single in the shed if he need,s to borrow it. LOL  Good luck with that. As some one said ," with his late braking , and reliance on the front end he,s just put him self in the worst senario with a vague front end".I too have to agree MOTO GP is  at an all time low and WSBK is much better at the moment. At least the rules last a season. I really can,t see the point  when there are only 6-8 bikes max even in the hunt. It,s like world series baseball ,and it consists of one country. MOTO GP is all politics as to who gets a ride on a decent bike. But what can we do.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

jahogon...Don't worry it's quite normal for Eddy to spout crap.He is a master at it as he does it in every single post.

Bloodbubble...dont make me laugh with nothing to lose.
If he does nothing on the Ducati for the next two years he has lost two years of his prime riding and is unlikely to get another decent ride.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

GOOD LUCK........

........ battling with the CRT's next year Dovi. See you in WSB a couple of years later.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

It could work....

I alway's said that apart from the Ducati having the leading edge (not as much as some think) in 2007, I'm a firm believer that Stoner being fresh into GP's only having one year previous on a 990 and not being used to any particular riding style was a big factor in his early Ducati success! He just picked the Duke up and rode it how IT needed to be ridden as he knew no different... He had not had a couple of years on a particular bike getting used to it and getting comfortable riding it in a particular way so he had no difficulties with the switch...

Rossi has ridden Jap bikes in GP's for years and just finished a long stint with Yam so he has struggled (understatement i know) to adapt to a completely different bike!

Dovi however has moved about a bit and not stayed in one place too long and although yes, he has also ridden Jap bikes since his arival in GP's, he has not had a long stint to get comfortable riding one particular bike for like 4 years before switching to a completely different bike! For this reason i think he will find it easier to adapt to this new challenge than Rossi did... I think it might, Just might... Work! I hope it does anyway as Dovi is Cool!!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

hope so

Hope you are right Moaner but I just can't see it happening.The Ducati is just too different and I dont think it inspires real confidence in any rider.
I reckon the only way Dovi will get some decent results is if they eventually make some decent changes to the bike.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

yeah Rev

It would be cool but is his intention to take the dosh and get rich or does he really want to win the Duke?
Personally I would like to see him do both.
Italian rider..Italian bike..winning...that is very cool in my mind.

Reply to this Topic
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

Bye Bye Dovi

It ain't about the money with these blokes.  5 mill-7 mill, they would give up most of it for a decent shot at the title.  Dovi will go down in history as a bridesmaid unless he does something drastic and he certainly ain't gunna do it on a Ducati.  Perhaps he has done the right thing and has realised that his days are numbered and can retire in 2 years time with a shit load.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Why isnt it possible on a Ducati ? Most powerful bike on the grid. The Ducati factory will get that bike right and it will compete. Now the hype has gone surrounding Rossi, the team may settle down now and work better towards producing a competitive bike. May be a long way to go yet but at some point it will happen and I dont see any reason why it cant happen for Dovi.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

To win with Dovi they will need a bike better than the Yamaha and Honda. Can't see it happening. He has signed for the nest egg.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

if he uis getting 2.5 mill

then why not

would have thought he would want to be on the podium or wining races

but obviously not, i wonder what the pay will be like in wsbk in 2014 after living like a king for 2 years in the GP?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices