Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso signs two-year Ducati deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso signs two-year Ducati deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Mattew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso signs two-year Ducati deal

Andrea Dovizioso is the latest high profile MotoGP rider to stake his reputation on turning around Ducati’s fortunes in MotoGP after the Italian signed a two-year deal to join the Bologna factory.The former world 125GP champion will leave the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad at the end of 2012 to join American Nicky Hayden on a factory Desmosedici GP13.Dovizioso will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 August 2012 17:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SLIGHTLYMAD

Dec 05

SLIGHTLYMAD says:

and the passport lottery bites Cal & Scott on the A**!

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Cal

I think WSB is the best place for him, he's been shafted in GP's although I'm glad he's not going to wreck his career on the D16. It would be funny if Dovi's arrival at Bologna coincided with Ducati wheeling out a decent bike. I can't begin to imagine how happy parts of Wales would be...

P.S Here's a thought for you Benny, imagine that the Welsh circuit gets built and that Dovi wins the first GP there.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

i think Dovi suits his long hair on this pic

will fit right in with wsbk in 2 years time

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Coz

Dovi has proven that he can adapt. Slowly but surely he has gotten used to that Yamaha overtaken Cal and has been the most successful Tech 3 rider. Audi are now in the picture, Dovi has experience and age on his side for this Ducati Project. As long as Ducati realise change is needed and that Stoner was the only person that could ride the desmo in the last 5 years then it looks promising. Of course Dovi wants to win, every rider who lines up on the grid has that winning mentality, this move just shows that Dovi has faith in Ducati also the wages ent bad either. Times are changing in the ducati corner I really do hope that Ducati's can turn their misfortune around and he doesn't end up in the list of unsuccessful riders to throw their leg over it. I wish him all the luck and i am just hoping he doesn't need it. Cal on the other hand dealt with this situation completely wrong. dont get me wrong i think he is having a good season as long as he keeps he form up and doesn't bin it. But he opened his mouth when he shouldn't, has moaned about wages and put ducati in the spot light about this deal that never formalised. Whereas Dovi kept quiet, he did express his intentions for a factory ride but went about it in a professional way. I am glad Dovi has the Ducati Ride he thoroughly deserves it. I dont think Cal appreciated what he has but now that he is loosing his grasp he is desperate. You never know what you have until you lose it, and once you lose it, you can never get it back

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Coz

I thought the exact same thing. Would deffo suit him lol

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Dovi to WSBK in two years time I guess time will tell.

Reply to this Topic
NickWill75

Jan 10

NickWill75 says:

Bradley has already signed for Tech3 for 2013.  Re-signing Cal would mean an all-Brit team.  Herve is understandably keen to maximise his commercial opportunities.  Isn't he more likely to go for a marketable Spaniard/Italian (who'd likely have access to a different range of sponsors) before Cal?  Would be a real shame, but Cal could well end up back in WSB.

Reply to this Topic
pi34

Aug 10

pi34 says:

Cal going to WSB on a BMW is gonna be difficult, cause BMW is going to pull out of WSB. I'm thinking Tech3 is going to sign Bradley for sure (he already has) and the second seat is going too Randy De Puniet i guess. French team => French rider. I wish Dovi the best of luck and share the feeling Rev en Chris have. Dovi= consistent, young, hungry, fast adapting and a hard working.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

It's really easy

to sign a rider with great potential. Why is Herve delaying Cal's signing? Because Cal is not that good. Yamaha took Valentino back rather easily. Dovi's got signed to Ducati rather easily. They are great riders.

Cal got a passport entrance into Motogp and have shown for his about to conclude 2 years, a measely 2 fourth places. That is not the stuff of potential (see Dovi's or Spies or Edwards stats), it is the stuff of also ran rider.

Let me bid him farewell. Buh Bye Cal Muchtooslow!!!! Welcome Bradley Smith, the another Brit...LOL LOL LOL.....OMG!!!

How do the Brits get into Motogp so easy is beyond any human comphrehension. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

Americans...

and they're doing real well in the motorcycle racing world, can't see where the next champion is coming from can you miky?  Spies is on his way out. Hayden he's only on a bike because of Rossi moving, otherwise Dovi would be on that seat and you know it!  I like the blokes alot, but c'mon seriously do you think the yanks are doing better than Crutchlow ...now go and look at the points they're the only true reflection of the yanks season.

Bing bong...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices