Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha to rally round luckless Ben Spies MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha to rally round luckless Ben Spies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha to rally round luckless Ben Spies

Yamaha is confident Ben Spies can bounce back from recent disasters in Laguna Seca and Indianapolis with a strong performance in this weekend’s Czech Republic MotoGP clash in Brno.~The Texan was on course to score his first podium of a nightmare campaign in Indianapolis last weekend when his factory Yamaha YZR-M1 suffered a spectacular engine blow-up while he was lying...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 August 2012 10:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I am on about this season fool with the comments Jarvis came out with regarding Spies muppet.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

"I am on about this season fool with the comments Jarvis came out with regarding Spies muppet."

so you are still responding to my posts after all?  so much for the "ignore list".

loyalty and respect is a two-way street, and isn't built overnight.  Spies should have a long hard look in the mirror when it comes to professional conduct in 2012, after his various twitter outbursts.  Jarvis, as team boss, was perfectly entitled to say that the expectations on Spies were much higher this year, after his two years in MotoGP and on one of the best factory bikes.  there were those who also banged on about 1000cc being an advantage to Spies this year and riding on worn tyres (which i didn't buy).  put simply, expectations have not been realised by no. 11.

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

conspiracy theory

have to say there is more than just a wiff

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Dismiss that conspiracy theory thing just can't wait for the season to end that's when the real truth will be revealed.

Reply to this Topic
tobyj

Jul 12

tobyj says:

Monkey business

Wosi your right, I forgot where I was browsing, and I guess my definition of friendly differs to yours.

However there is so much good stuff to discuss, which could be done with out the inane playground name calling.

You seem unable to stop casting aspersions about people you don’t know and have never met, I comment that I don’t like your vitriolic style, SO I must be a sorry sceptic.

Outside of fornicating with primate's, have your achieved anything that would attract and engage with an audience of more than one ? ( Assuming that the sex was consensual ) 

Cheers T

You might enjoy this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9ETlTZoF1E

Reply to this Topic
ivanvr

Jul 09

ivanvr says:

Luck ?

As Roger DeCoster says " You make your own Luck" 

There is only Bad Preperation !    If you Bike Breaks you did not prepare it properly - If you do not perform you did not prepare properly  - Seem Ben has good reason to leave Yamaha and not Say is wise !

Note " The harder you practice, the luckier you get" 

Seems this is Bad Prep by Yamaha not Bens bad luck

Reply to this Topic
Nick05

Aug 12

Nick05 says:

luck really ?

tell that to someone else, just for tomorrow for Yamaha to sabotage poor Ben again as soon as he gets anywhere near Lorenzo.

Will only believe that its luck when Lorenzo too gets his share of "unlucky" mechanical failures.

Ben should leave Yamaha with immediate effect or by the end of the season Yamaha will destroy his confidence to such an extent that he may never want to ride a bike.

Reply to this Topic
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

Spies

Spies is in need of some luck for a change. I think for Spies sake the season needs to end quicker then it should. I'm not into conspiracy theorys but it is strange how Spies gets all these mechanical failures and Lorenzo dosen't have as many. Crashes are 99.9% of the time rider error but when so many mechanical failures occur so often for a factory team it's very suspicous. Reading that Yamaha will rally around Spies sounds to me like they don't support him as much as they support Lorenzo. Yes Lorenzo is the number 1 rider in the team but both riders should be treat the same.  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices