Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner out of Brno MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner out of Brno MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner out of Brno MotoGP

Casey Stoner’s hopes of retiring from MotoGP at the end of 2012 as world champion have suffered a crushing blow today after the Australian was forced to withdraw from this weekend’s Czech Republic round in Brno.Stoner has been advised by his personal medical advisors to fly home to Australia for surgery on the right ankle he damaged in a horrific...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 August 2012 13:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Stoner

Get well soon Casey!!!!! Moto gp will miss you!!!!!!!!! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Well Done Casey!

Done well to race Indy and grab 4th! Even with jabs, must have been uncomfortable.

Reply to this Topic
Jimmy13

Nov 09

Jimmy13 says:

Stoner

Get well soon Casey!!!!! Moto gp will miss you!!!!!!!!! Ciao

- No they won't

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Grrrrr

This news has dampened Nostro's enthusiasm a little for his Brno weekend away. Get well Casey, stick it to them Dani.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Sad news to see Casey miss out get well soon.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Shame....

Although i didn't want Stoner to win the championship this year, it is a shame that it is an injury that has really fucked his chances... I mean, for me Lorenzo had his number since race one and would have taken the championship anyway but this now leaves a two horse race for the title! The worst thing is that one of those horses is made of glass and isn't very consistent!! Hope i am wrong but this looks like another 2010 - JL running a mock in an uncontested title hunt... ho hum......

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

A Suzuka 8hr winner is needed

step forward Jonathon Rea !

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Benny yo just beat me to it

Definitely looks good for another podium for Dovi.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Shame..

for Nostro and fans all over the world he can't make it. It appears the brave effort at Indy was all in vain.

Casey was third in the standings well behind team mate Pedrosa and series leader when he injured himself and we have been robbed of what may have been a thrilling finish for the title.

It was always going to be an uphill battle to retain his crown with Yamaha closing the gap on his all conquering RCV from last year and Pedrosa being fully fit for the first time in 3 or 4 seasons, especially after unforced errors at the Sachsenring and Mugello cost him dear.

The chance to stamp his name in history by collecting a third championship and, perhaps more importantly to real race fans, retain the title that he holds seems now over.

Better luck next time..sorry, actually there won't be a next time as Casey Stoner is quitting because he's fed up.  

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Parris..

You just beat me to it beating Benny to it....

And yes Wosi, Stoners defense is all but over.  He will do well to finish in front of Dovi in the Standings by Valencia.  Cal has absolutely nothing to lose now, I hope he goes back to his 'All-In' approach this weekend and ruffles some feathers.  He's measuring performances against rookies now....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle