Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner out of Brno MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner out of Brno MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner out of Brno MotoGP

Casey Stoner’s hopes of retiring from MotoGP at the end of 2012 as world champion have suffered a crushing blow today after the Australian was forced to withdraw from this weekend’s Czech Republic round in Brno.Stoner has been advised by his personal medical advisors to fly home to Australia for surgery on the right ankle he damaged in a horrific...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 August 2012 13:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Stoner's crash was down to a mistake?

A "mistake" that was repeated to within a few feet by Ben Spies and Nicky Hayden. Even Valentino Rossi almost made the same "mistake" at the same place. I suspect shonky Indiana tarmac and/or hit or miss Bridgestones were the culprit rather than Casey Stoner making a "mistake".

It isn't over yet although it's now Jorge Lorenzo's title to lose. If Dani Pedrosa can keep his collarbones intact he might have his best chance to date.  

Reply to this Topic
soldbikeforbabydammit

Aug 12

Sigh

Totally agree with Rsix. The way Stoner hangs off a bike is just a joy to watch. I never get these "who's better than whom" rants - can't people just chill out and watch the few bits of racing that are actually good? Sure we could do with more good bits... Comparing any bike, tyre, rider or team from year to year is pretty stupid and pretty irrelevant. Sometimes you win a championship because you don't crash, other times because lots of other people do. So what. It's far more interesting to discuss the technicalities of racing, rather than trying to answer the overly-simplistic question of who/what is 'best'...

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Motoking

What did Stoner get???  In 2007, best bike, best tyre and in 2011 best bike and when  the Japanese caught up after 2007 Stoner started to suffer, but this was no fault of Stoner's, it all goes back to shit Ducati development. I don't underestimate Stoner, as for sure he rode the Ducati better than Rossi and his performance has been outstanding.  It would be interesting if they were both on a Honda or Yamaha to see how they fared.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

funny thing is tho

this post is about stoner not stoner vs rossi and ducati ect ect, but it this post was about that as it seems to be in some ppl head!!! then stoner even injured made rossi look pedestrian last weeked, lack of effort saw rossi only bed his tyres in,i heard he went out on an old foggy wsbk rear from the 99 season off his duke 996, cause rossi nev er bothered to check (now hes running back to yamah)he just said i finish the race dont worry.he sure did that!!!.haha bit off topic tho but i find it funny.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

mistakes!

Sorry Jamie no more exclamation marks this time.
Can't agree with you about the crashes being down to dodgy tarmac or faulty bridgestones.No doubt the former being a contributing factor though.
Yes the track surface was very varied and probably in need of resurfacing but these are the best motorcycle racers in the world and they are pretty damn good at telling exactly how much grip there is albeit a harder job at that particular circuit.
Pedrosa,Lorenzo and many others never crashed and just look at the lead Dani had in the race.
Sorry but in my book it was a mistake by each rider.
That is why they have all the practice sessions to work these sort of things out.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

buelligan " Sorry but in my book it was a mistake by each rider "

..yeah, but you're a nobody!..

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

To clarify tris...

I meant his legs are knackered and he can't walk straight; nobody's disputing he was a great rider....

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Thanks for clarifying that Buelligan

My favourite bits of your post were:

" Can't agree with you about the crashes being down to dodgy tarmac or faulty bridgestones."

" No doubt the former being a contributing factor though."

" Yes the track surface was very varied and probably in need of resurfacing but these are the best motorcycle racers in the world and they are pretty damn good at telling exactly how much grip there is albeit a harder job at that particular circuit. "

" Sorry but in my book it was a mistake by each rider."

As far as sense goes that makes none.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

So...

While we disagree that tarmac was a contributing factor we do agree that tarmac was a contributing factor. But only a bit. I'd say that those highsides were caused by a sudden and unexpected lose of adhesion, I'm no expert but I'd hazard a random guess that tyres or tarmac had some involvement. Perhaps it's also sheer coincidence that the "crash fest" that was Indy qually happened at Indy during qually on a track, Indy, coincidentally, that is reknown for, excuse the technical term, shonky tarmac.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

It's highly unlikely

That you'd be wrong about anything B-dog. Isn't it weird that there were all those crashes at that track? And at that corner? I mean, who can remember the last qualifying session where there were that many crashes? Perhaps it was sheer crap decision making by a number of riders on completely different types of motorsickle. Perhaps they all made the same mistake at the same corner by some weird fluke of nature. Now that we've established that it wasn't the road or the bits used to stick to it I wonder what it could have been. I'm stumped, any ideas?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices