Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner out of Brno MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner out of Brno MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner out of Brno MotoGP

Casey Stoner’s hopes of retiring from MotoGP at the end of 2012 as world champion have suffered a crushing blow today after the Australian was forced to withdraw from this weekend’s Czech Republic round in Brno.Stoner has been advised by his personal medical advisors to fly home to Australia for surgery on the right ankle he damaged in a horrific...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 August 2012 13:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Dani managed fine

Quote......

"Sometimes you'd feel like you had control of the slide and suddenly the bike would keep sliding. We could see many crashes, but it was important to keep cool and keep focused on riding.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Join in??

Buffoons - Plenty on here so I am trying my best to join in with them.

You're way ahead of that class, we're playing catch-up

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

inconsistancy

the inconsistancy they are talking about is the way the surface changed from one type to another and not one bit of the track being inconsistant.
Really.....

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Great quote Buelligan

What causes the tyres to slide on the tarmac? And how comes it only happened at that corner? Keep on digging I'm sure you'll find out.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Hang on a sec

You jumped in after my original post saying that it couldn't possibly be the tarmac or tyres whilst alluding to the fact that it could be. Now you're saying it was, which is what I said. And, getting arsey about being called a buffoon when I made this remark because of what you said. Have you been at the sherry again Buelligan? 

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

i am not diggin by the way

As I said the 2 main men that finished 1st and 2nd had to run over that same piece of tarmac all weekend long and they dealt with it.
In all classes how many riders crashed and how many did not?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Jesus..

what a bunch of girly nit picking?

Stoner crashed because he gave it too many berries..he'd been lairy and drawing great big arcs of rubber on the tarmac there all weekend.

He went down first and earlier off the corner than the others, his bike was destroyed and probably dumped fluid that wasn't spotted and cleared up properly by the same mashalls that put a broken backed Barbera in a head-lock as they put him on the stretcher.

Casey Stoner made a mistake that cost him a shot at the title. Harsh but fair.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Wosi

Fair point, Stoner's riding style, balls out,where he is sliding the rear tyre around the corner is what got him into trouble.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

quote from twitter

Dovi on Stoner - he said that Casey's injury is one of the worst and that the fact he rode in Indy "confirms he has big balls!"  - Or perhaps he was just fkn stupid !

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Bulto

Luck is not purely by chance, but a circumstance of all actions taking into consideration and so if you change one of those actions you will change your so called 'luck'. So in fact you do make your own luck.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle