Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner out of Brno MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner out of Brno MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner out of Brno MotoGP

Casey Stoner’s hopes of retiring from MotoGP at the end of 2012 as world champion have suffered a crushing blow today after the Australian was forced to withdraw from this weekend’s Czech Republic round in Brno.Stoner has been advised by his personal medical advisors to fly home to Australia for surgery on the right ankle he damaged in a horrific...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 August 2012 13:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Highsides - how did they make a comeback?

One of the big advantages of modern electronics is that they were supposed to prevent this type of incident, so what went wrong at Indy?  As Dani said - what seemed to be a controlled slide would suddenly turn into an uncontrolled slide, so there was something happening at that corner that even the ECU could not deal with.

Pity is that whatever the reason, we now have a 2-horse race for the championship.  Team orders anyone?

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

bike

Hope they give S Bradl one of hes bikes , and its a shame they cant put Marc Marquez on the other keep motogp alive , cos it be just a two bike race with the others fighting for the third spot , 10/15 secs behind , hope to see you back soon Casey

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Those safer Bridgestones strike again. HRC could give Bradl a factory upgrade but with these tyres it wouldn't make any difference. Totally spoiled the show by trying to get around Ducati's problems with a rider who couldn't cut it. Business and politics eh, where the psychopath mentality rises to the top.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Giving it the berries Wosi

All the riders do that don't they? Absolutely every rider gives it absolutely everything they've got when out on track. All the time. As you said, it's less important during practice or qually than during the race. As we know, during a race every rider gives it 110% for every second and every metre of every race, don't they Wosi? Absolutely every rider rides as hard as they possibly can because that's their job. Oh hang on, I just thought, didn't one rider recently admit to not riding as hard as he could? If GP's were in the Olympics he'd have been chucked out and sent home in disgrace. And that rider was....

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Tris....

"I could have added that Doohan ended his career in a bad way - perhaps riding through injury caused some problems?" Doohan's career ended with him in a heap in FP1 or FP2 after he touched a slippery white line on a damp and patchy track. He simply didn't return after that. His previous injuries didn't end his career, nor did riding through the pain of his previous injuries. I was the leg and wrist breaking impact follow the Jerez crash that did. You simply can't compare Doohan's injuries (and botched repair attempts in hospital) to Stoners relatively injury-free career.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Can't argue Wosi, 'cept the bit about the fluid.

Pretty silly quotes for others to imply his style is the 'cause' of his downfall without admitting it has clearly also been a key component of his success and one of the major attractions of the last half dozen years of motoGP as well.

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

sad though...

I totally admit that although I can appreciate Stoner is a very gifted rider, I've never been a fan - my choice.

having said that, he's given the sport some great competition over the last few years, and his doces with Lorenzo earlier this season showed he was still riding balls-out!

Thing is, this isn't the way anybody would want to leave the sport is it? Doohan, Foggy, Rainey, all world chamipons and all were all forced out before they could finish their last season the way they wanted - with a huge wheelie over the start / finish line.

I'll cut the guy some slack, he's just been sidelined from a sport he loves...

Cheers,

Baz

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Jamie and Buell

Picking up on your little spat, we can draw the following conclusions: The track conditions were the same for everyone (shonky I believe the term is). The tyres available were the same for everyone (left side too soft, also worthy of the shonky moniker?). So it comes down to setup and machine control, and also how hard they were pushing at the time. Stoner was only on lap 3, so almost at the end of his QP session and ready to go take a shower, Stoner being Stoner it's almost guaranteed he was pushing hard. At this early stage it's also almost certain that the bike setup would have been tweaked as the session went on and the pace got faster. Nicky always pushes hard, especially when it's his home round and his crash came at the business end of QP, so his machine setup was probably at it's optimum at this point. What I find interesting is that the riders who crashed both have a preference for using limited or no traction control, placing the control firmly in the hands of the rider, who in this instance it seems was not able to react as quickly as traction control. I do think that the track was more a factor. The number of crashes in QP for Moto3 and MotoGP was shocking, and with Moto3 having no TC and Dunlop tyres it's fair to say the "shonky" tarmac is the constant across all classes.....

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Bulto

Or maybe they were using different lines and were caught by the inconsistency of the surface, or maybe they were pushing harder than the others (no, hang on, Vale had a moment too, so can't be that...)

It is well known by most anyway that these riders tend to hit the same bit of tarmac every lap and that is more likely in practice than the race so please tell me why they would want to use different lines.

The way they push the bikes as you put it is by opening the throttle.
Each rider has control of his own throttle incase you did not know.

Now please talk sense for a change.

Reply to this Topic
Nick05

Aug 12

Nick05 says:

Curse of the No.1 plate

2010 - Defending champion Rossi injured

2011 - Defending champion Lorenzo injured

2012 - Defending champion Stoner injured

the curse of the No.1 plate becoming a real hazard.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices