Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha: Lorenzo wanted Spies and not Rossi as 2013 team-mate MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha: Lorenzo wanted Spies and not Rossi as 2013 team-mate

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha: Lorenzo wanted Spies and not Rossi as 2013 team-mate

Yamaha has admitted that Jorge Lorenzo made it clear his priority was to keep struggling Texan Ben Spies as his factory Yamaha team-mate in 2013 and not bitter rival Valentino Rossi. Lorenzo and Rossi will renew their intense rivalry again next season after the Italian signed a two-year deal to return to Yamaha after a wretched spell with Ducati. Yamaha management spoke...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 August 2012 18:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
parris

May 10

parris says:

YamahaGYTR

TBH i think you are right. His comments seem nasty and have no benefit whatsoever which makes it really dumb.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

boys boys boys

whatever you think of Jarvis, taking this article in isolation, if those quotes in the article are direct quotes from Jarvis and nothing more was said, then at no point does he say what the headline says. All he says is he thinks Lorenzo would have preferred Spies as a team mate. There is no quote that says Lorenzo stamped his feet and said I don't want Rossi, I want Spies. It's just an attention grabbing headline.

If he was then asked did Yamaha approach Rossi, I don't think it is out of order to say no, Rossi approached them.

Whether you believe the denial that Carmelo was involved is another matter altogether...

Interesting what he says about Burgess and co. In an interview Burgess has stated that he hasn't been asked if he will go to Yamaha yet, nor has he confirmed that he will if he is asked. He voiced his disappointment about not being able to finish the job at Ducati which is only 1% off and also said that whilst in some areas Ducati haven't been able to give Rossi everything he wanted (not wouldn't) in others they have given him plenty. There is another suggestion that Rossi wouldn't adapt to a bike that requires a different approach. It reads as though small fractures may have appeared in the relationship with Burgess frustrated about Rossi wanting a Ducati M1? The end ??

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Pure tea leaf reading bulto

And you know it...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

What is ??

If you're referring to what Burgess said, it is what he said.

If you're referring to my reference to him expressing what appeared to be a bit of frustration in Rossi's Ducati tenure, it is an opinion, hence the question mark.

However, Burgess has been critical of Rossi's approach to development of the Ducati on occassion and that is fact.

Or put it this way, when they asked him if he was going back to Yamaha with Rossi, is it significant that he didn't just say 'yes, I'd like to continue with Valentino back at Yamaha'?

Or is it significant that he just said no-one has asked me but if they do I'll have to think about that

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Carmello states that Rossi will be on a competitive bike next season, Stoner announces retirement, Lorenzo signs new contract with Yamaha, looks like it's not a Yamaha then, rookie rule is abolished, HRC sign Marquez so it's not a Honda.

Ducati offer Rossi 17 million to stay and start talks with Crutchlow, getting ready to drop Hayden, expecting Rossi to stay after talks with Audi. Maybe something new on the horizon for Ducati to make them more competitive ? Ducati give Redding and Ianonne tests and talk about instigating a junior Motogp team, maybe Audi money on the table, all this to entice Rossi to stay.

Ben Spies announces he is leaving Yamaha through social media with no plans for the future, Ducati go cold on Crutchlow, give Hayden another contract and go cold on Redding and Ianonne, start talks with Dovi, Rossi announces he has signed for Yamaha, Dovi signs for Ducati.

This all started with Carmello's statement. With my deerstalker hat on I've come to the conclusion that Carmello brokered talks between Rossi and Yamaha and Honda and Lorenzo was briefed on the outcome. Stoner found out through his Honda connections, Spies found out through a Yamaha connection, possibly Lorenzo himself and Ducati found out through who knows who ?

Jarvis has a birds nest on the end of his nose.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Conspiracy bullshit..from the same chafed, orange thong cross dressers

I'd check your time line on events there Steve because you're just plain deluded but..

Let's assume you're right for the sheer hell of it eh?

What you are saying as a died in the wool, thick as pigshit #27er is that Casey Stoner quit because Valentino Rossi was getting back on a competitive bike.

To be fair, it is a valid theory. It would be embarrassing after all that's been said, for Casey to get weighed in physically by the man who has dismantled him mentally.

This year has shown us that a fit Dani Pedrosa is more than a match for Stoner over a season. He was generally regarded as weakest of the 4 aliens in 2010 when Rossi was last on a competitive bike.

Casey knowing this takes retirement over trying to beat Rossi..who has always beaten Pedrosa.

Good job I saved your porky arsed bacon eh pal?

Bulto, you numpty headed chief of conspiracy theories that attempt to either..

1. Absolve Stoner
  2. Discredit Rossi

"Concerning Jeremy and the crew, we expect that Jeremy and the crew will return to us," ..Jarvis

"Valentino asked me to go to Yamaha with him and while I haven't yet spoken to Yamaha that is my intention." ..Burgess

Pay attention fuckos.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

"Lin Jarvis is a complete wanker end of."

this will be the same Lin Jarvis, then, during his current tenure as Managing Director at Yamaha Motor Racing S.r.l., that would have been instrumental in getting Spies into the 2009 Yamaha WSBK factory team, and then signed off his transfer to Tech 3 in 2010 and finally into the factory Yamaha MotoGP team for two years.  indeed, there was media speculation that Spies was going to get a 'passport' extension to his current deal and remain on the factory M1 for 2013 - i don't recall Jarvis ever having said that Spies would not get a new deal and was out on his arse at the end of the year.  i guess Spies' twatter (sic) outburst and the Rossi manoeuvre mean that we'll never know if Spies was ever going to get an extended run in the factory team.

in my book, it's poor form to call someone a 'complete wanker' just because your idol doesn't get what you think he deserves - even though there are plenty that think he got exactly what he was asking for at the end of the day.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Wooden Spoon !

Wooden Spoon Award - & the winner is MCN.Congratulations.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

No Wosi

What I'm saying is that Stoner quit after Carmello once again stepped in to make things rosey for Rossi, tired of the fucking politics and favouritism. What I'm saying is that Lorenzo was all ready to have Spies as his teamate again, got told of the Rossi deal, tipped Spies off about it and Spies then immediately announced that he was leaving Yamaha even though he had nowhere to go, such was his disgust. Spies and Stoner getting out due to Carmello's favouritism, Crutchlows factory deal with Ducati lost because of Carmello, Ducati's somewhat deluded belief that Rossi could save them gone because of Carmello, Rossi given yet another chance despite shitting on everyone in the paddock because of Carmello.

Why are the insults always about gender and sexuality then Wosi, ever heard of a pyschological term called projection ? Saved my porky arsed bacon did you ? actually I'm tall and lean, a little like Rossi, maybe if you met me you'd fancy me too, because basically all your diatribe twists the facts on the  bikes, tyres. conditions, injuries and illnesses, business and politics and focuses only on that. You embarrass yourself with your pathetic homophobic ranting clearly designed to deflect what you are, not a lover of racing but a lover of Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yes Steve

Woah there big boy..or rather slim & sexy..hahaha.

You've still got it arse about face..Stoner announced his retirement way before Carmelo even mentioned a competitive bike.

Do some research and check your fkin timeline before you come on here with orange fanboy claptrap because you're talking shite and making yourself look a bitter stonerette

Rossi's to blame for this..Rossi's to blame for that. Just like your fkin hero.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices