Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha: Lorenzo wanted Spies and not Rossi as 2013 team-mate MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha: Lorenzo wanted Spies and not Rossi as 2013 team-mate

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha: Lorenzo wanted Spies and not Rossi as 2013 team-mate

Yamaha has admitted that Jorge Lorenzo made it clear his priority was to keep struggling Texan Ben Spies as his factory Yamaha team-mate in 2013 and not bitter rival Valentino Rossi. Lorenzo and Rossi will renew their intense rivalry again next season after the Italian signed a two-year deal to return to Yamaha after a wretched spell with Ducati. Yamaha management spoke...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 August 2012 18:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
razar1100

Feb 12

razar1100 says:

Wosi team orders

Just re-read my last post. Please excuse the spelling mistakes, just got off night shift and have had a few too many early morning bevvies. It should of read " Then claimed the credit for Lorenzo's world title. He coudln't have done it without me!!!!" I think the only team orders that apply to Mr Rossi are "Team Rossi" orders. Maybe with a Carmelo underwriter.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Who writes this shit? They should go work for Murdoch.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You are a cynical old Hector razar11..this is the new humble, team-playing Rossi you're laughing at..

Haven't you read the Rossi expects close title fight thread? He's started already..haha!

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

He's like the pope of MotoGP

Weather you like it or and weather Lorenzo likes him or not , MotoGP is falling on its arse and a switch like this will keep people interested. It's not like they're hiring some chump.

No else can generate a  thousand  a comments by going to the bog. If they want to raise money, raise the teams profile, and sell bikes Rosi is the only person capable of doing so and they know it. Doesn't matter if the whole team dislike him...He's more popular than the whole of the grid put together. He's like the pope of MotoGP.

When he's gone I personally predict motoGp will flush its own head down the bog.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

I ain't no Stonerette Wosi, I'd say the same if it was any other rider, in fact I'm saying it about Spies as well. Maybe I did get my timeline wrong, but that could be down to when things are written in the press as opposed to when the blokes in the paddock actually hear about stuff that's going on. You've got to realise that all riders have PR clauses in their contracts that forbid them to speak out about anything that makes their employer/sponsor look bad and sometimes their only outlet is to just say that enough is enough.

Maybe Stoner made his decision after once again having the tyres changed on him or when he heard that Carmello was talking to Yamaha and Honda about a ride for Rossi. Either way I look at the clues and knowing how businessmen and politicians minds work I come to a different conclusion than giving Rossi some sort of supernatural powers over Stoner simply by giving him a hard race in Laguna 08. That doesn't make any sense considering what Stoner did as soon as he jumped on the Honda.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices