Skip to content

Ask an Expert peugeot speedfight no tick over Suspension

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Suspension > peugeot speedfight no tick over

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

davepoole

May 09

davepoole says:

peugeot speedfight no tick over

:huh: hi out there hope you are getting enough riding in the british summer. anyway bought a peugeot speedfight 2 100cc as a little money maker fixed body work but engine takes a long time to start and when it does it smokes like a trooper and will not tick over no matter what i do with idle or mixture screw. i have fitted a new piston and rings cylinder ok  new plug ad oil pump checked and jets cleaned out  checked crank no play either way any help would be good and who said two strokes easy give me my fjr 13 anytime easyer to fix just returned from rhone alps excellent if you need a place to stay there i will forward an excellent hotel

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 August 2012 20:08)

Post a message in Suspension

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

What

age / mileage? Any recent work?

First thought: IIRC your bike has an automatic choke - does it work?

You say it won't idle properly - does it cut out / stall, or run rough / at the wrong speeds?

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Peugeot Speedfight 2 100cc Year? miles?

Hi Davepoole

If all the work you have done is sound?i would be looking at crank case oil seals first for the poor starting,as AdieR says the auto choke as these at start up are on choke and close automatically as the engine warms up,if its not closing off the choke jet it will run very rich all of the time causing it to smoke and probably foul the plug.Also it is commen for these scooters to brake a reed valve which causes poor starting,spit back out of the crankcase into the air box wetting the filter causing a rich mixture.Also very commen for the exhaust to be very nearly blocked with unburnt oil and carbon.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
davepoole

May 09

davepoole says:

scooter

:smilesorry for the delay new choke fitted and crank and seals starts first time but smokes like a bugger

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle