Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso excited by Ducati challenge MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso excited by Ducati challenge

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso excited by Ducati challenge

Andrea Dovizioso says he is excited to be part of Ducati’s MotoGP effort and confident he can achieve top results on the struggling Desmosedici having spoken publicly about his two-year deal in Brno today. Just how long that excitement and confidence lasts remains to be seen with the Italian the latest high profile rider to gamble his reputation on taming the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 August 2012 21:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

filippo

needs to step aside and let the audi guys have a tinkle, or they could just let him ride the 2006 model bayliss smashed it on and see where they get a ball park idea, at least then they wont waste precious time and money like the last 2 years, hayden just did as he was told just in case they booted him.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

well I have to

Respect what Dovi has done this season on the tech 3 machine,However I feel that this is financially a good move but to be honest,If it didn't happen on a Repsol Honda it isn't going to on a Ducati ,What I mean by that is even if the Ducati became as good as a Honda overnight Lorenzo has to be beaten and I just don't see him in that league, close yes but better or as good ?,No /Stoner being away will help most of them to a degree,but as is always the case someone will rise to the task,One thing I have to say is ,When you get riders of the level of Stoner and Spies walking away from motogp coupled with the antics over the few rides there are you have to question the state and integrity of the sport ,The Ducati "factory" rides are well paid jobs but clearly only wanted as a third or fourth choice ,Its a sorry state of affairs only 4 real winning machines in the series tops,How can that represent a "world" championship,Best of the few more like

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Stig

nice well balanced view!  ''Best of the Few''  I've said it before what we need is Ducati to get on the pace and get Suzuki and Kawasaki back with competitive bikes That would give 10 works bikes on the grid instead of the 4 at present - I say 4 because Ducati is no better or worse that a satellite bike.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

sad state...

of affairs three competitive riders Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa and 4 competitive bikes the other being Ben's.  Stig you're right what's Dovi going to do, he couldn't get a title on the Honda, I'm not sure where Ducati are going...yes Dovi has done well but the Tech 3 machine is a good one. For instance for Cal get on board and after season and a half to be fifth in the championship says a lot about the bike itself.  It seems to me that Dovi is more interested in the pay-check (why wouldn't he be) than actually collecting another world title.  I would have opted for a young gun to ride along side Hayden, Iannone perhaps.  I also think they wanted an Italian on the machine, but IMO they have chosen the wrong fella.

Best of luck to Dovi, he's going to need it...I hope Ducati do well next season and make Moto Gp more interesting.  By the way Indy was a debacle poor track, poor crowd, poor facilities, in the middle of nowhere.  Move it to Miller where there are true motrocycle racing fans or just cancel the whole thing altogether.

Bing bong

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Re-iteration

Great shame such a good rider on the red thing . Rossi getting the Yamaha is a travesty He's had is shot and has nothing to prove . I suppose the same could be said for Gibernau when he kept getting works rides , Maybe Biaggi too. But its like Dovi has been told he cant have a Japanese contract , glaring inconsistencies , he'd be a great back up to Lorenzo . I think he should have gone to WSBK where he could win and show his class , as it is as many have said 8th. place will have to do

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

goodbye dovi

.....you need a smooth bike mate....you`ve only gone for the wages!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices