Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi encouraged by Brno practice pace MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi encouraged by Brno practice pace

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi encouraged by Brno practice pace

Valentino Rossi took encouragement from one of his best days of the 2012 MotoGP campaign today after he finished the opening day of practice in Brno in sixth place. After disastrous appearances in Laguna Seca and Indianapolis, the 33-year-old was only 0.457s behind Dani Pedrosa’s best pace today in the Czech Republic. And Rossi, who will re-join Yamaha next season after deciding...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 August 2012 20:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
prawny72

Jan 11

prawny72 says:

put crutchlow on the duke,  see where he would come then,

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Encouraged with 6th fastest??! Wow, expectations have dropped.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

...And Elias is 10th....

..so what! It only friday, and Rossi has reached his race pace...the rest are only gonna get quicker.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

6th?

If stoner the moaner & nicky was there, would've been 8th,even tho I'm a Rossi fan, 6th is still crap,,that bike needs a prope re-think,they had the chance with Rossi & burgess, if they listened ,no one would see which way he went, cant see dovi doing any better

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Cal..for Benny.

After a blinding start, I'm a bit disappointed the way the season has panned out for Cal and I can't help thinking he has nobody to blame but himself..even if he seems to be blaming everyone else.

He's fast and has improved but there's been a few times this year I expected him to be braver..bolder. To make a move. Easier said than done from where I'm sitting I know.

He's certainly not backwards in coming forward with his views which hasn't fitted well with the cautious riding in my opinion, Jerez and Silverstone aside, and it doesn't make him look good. He'd have been wiser to keep his own counsel, get his head down and let his riding do the talking..but I guess that's not Cal.

There's still time for him to get better results. He really needs to beat Dovi a couple of times in straight up one to one battles. I'm not sure his heart is in it anymore though with all this talk of factory bikes, money and a move back to WSB.

Fingers crossed he turns it back round.

It could be worse..he could have ridden and acted a prat like Speez.

Rossi?

The closest he's been all year, a podium beckons..followed by three wins in the last six races and a skip load of written off GP12's.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Wosi

Check Cals latest at sbkplanet. I think he is saying motogp is what it is. http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2012/Aug/120824ll1.htm

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Cal

You can't blame Cal for wanting to make some money - no, NEEDING go make some money. These guys won't be drawing a pension when the flag drops on their career so they need to make as much as possible. Superbikeplanet has stated many times that there are a lot of racers with "Champion" and world titles to their names that are flat broke (though they haven't given any names). I can't stand if when fans say "oh, this rider shouldn't take that ride" blah, blah, blah. Well fuck, you pay his wage and cover his bills! Fans think these guys race to entertain them and do as we please but these guys are trying to earn a living the best they can. Both Cal and Dovi were all over the Ducati ride not because it's a better bike than the Yamaha but because they probably would get paid 10 times more than riding for Tech 3.

It was said Dovi was paid at Tech 3 about 10% of what he made as a factory Honda rider. I think he was getting like $2 million at Honda so that equates to about $200K. That's a huge drop. And that's a huge pill to swallow when you are lining up on the same grid as guys making millions. I don't know about anyone else but I'm not keen to take a 90% drop in my salary either!

It always KILLED me when people would say "Mladin just wants to be a big fish in a small pond and is scared to race a world series". Mladin was the highest paid bike racer in the world next to Rossi. He was pulling down like $6 to $8 million a year from Yosh Suzuki. He would have been a fool to travel the world (which he didn't want to do) risking his life for a couple hundred thousand dollars while leaving MILLIONS on the table. Spies wasn't too far behind Mladin at Yosh making around $4 or $5 million if not more. People were saying he was being greedy when he was trying to negotiate a deal with Suzuki GP a couple of years ago but he was giving up A LOT to go overseas. Spies left a lot of money on the title to chase his dream of being in MotoGP. It probably took him 2 or 3 years overseas to make what he made in 1 year at Yosh Suzuki.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yes parris..

and despite my comment below, you've got to admit he's got a very good point.

If you don't ride one of four bikes from two manufacturers in MotoGP you're fked. As a racer and having put life and limb on the line to get to the supposed pinnacle of bike racing, that's just not right.

The Honda dominated MSMA is singularly responsible with it's insistence that GP is a R&D tool for technology development which trickles down to production in the name of safety. Just look how powerful they are with their big fat fingers in every class. GP would fold without Honda and this is why Ezpeleta is a fool for having let them take control of the rules, then back his business into a corner.

It is horse-shit..with rules such as 21 litres of fuel, limited engine use and open electronics, they have bumped up the cost to take part at the exclusion of competition. MotoGP is all about marketing their brand in the winners circle and it is a closed shop.

The racing is hugely dull and more akin to an endurance economy trial. How ridiculous will it be if Lorenzo has to start from the pit lane at Valencia, champioship in the balance, because Bautista torpedoed him and one of his engines got lunched? Running the whole season for it to go up in a puff of smoke and end like that? All the money, man hours and effort..it's fkin sick.

GP has traditionally always been the blue riband class but I forget how many times recently I've shouted at the TV, Missus and dog. "FFS..why do I bother with this shit!"

A mass exodus of riders to WSB would suit me just fine. I'm old enough to remeber when the series was all about men who rode the machines. Now it seems to be about faceless geeks who programme the machines so the man can't ride it like he wants, to save that precious commodity fuel and go easy on the engines.

It's total fkin bullshit and unless radical changes are rolled out to improve the sport, opening it up to closer competition, it WILL die.

If hardcore addicts like myself are thinking of biting the bullet and going cold turkey to come off the GP drug, what the hell does does a casual viewer think of the spectacle? Will the snotty nose kid watching be inspired and end up riding a bike for life, or will he turn the telly off? Will the bean counters who control sqeezed advertising and marketing budgets commit to sponsoring teams that are a side show?

Is the racing world big enough to accomodate Honda and Yamaha's agenda for contrived superiority, while sustaining two top level racing series in WSB & GP?

Uncle Carmelo's brave but seemingly toothless rhetoric, insisting he will take on the REAL powers that run GP may be too little, too late.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Wosi

Did you see Benny getting all wound up at motomatters http://www.motomatters.com/analysis/2012/08/24/2012_brno_motogp_friday_round_up_red_fla.html#comment-38409, and he wonders why people get annoyed and give him a hard time.

Reply to this Topic
gamma498

Nov 05

gamma498 says:

well said Wosi, spot on

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle