Skip to content

Discuss This Tech 3 Yamaha confirms Bradley Smith’s MotoGP switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Tech 3 Yamaha confirms Bradley Smith’s MotoGP switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Tech 3 Yamaha confirms Bradley Smith’s MotoGP switch

The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad has confirmed in Brno today (Saturday) that Bradley Smith will definitely move to MotoGP to partner fellow British rider Cal Crutchlow in 2013. The Oxfordshire rider, who currently rides for the Tech 3 Racing Moto2 squad, signed a three-year deal with Herve Poncharal’s French-based squad last September. The deal included a two-year contract to ride a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 August 2012 10:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

one year too late

as the Tech3 M1 will be much further behind the factory bike next year. Even Ducati will catch them I fear.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

Why? He hasn't proven himself, in fact he has been shit. I would taken Spies back, he's very fast, he was great on the Tech 3 and he's been great in quali for the factory Yahama. He coulda come back and built up his confidence again, clearly he has the talent but the factory Yamaha team hasn't been working for him. Bradley smith will do a Toseland, only at least Toseland won something before going to Moto GP. Cal is gonna get his wish for a factory bike in 2014 after smith makes him look gd.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

vmax

Would love to know where you get your facts from.
Where on earth did you hear that rubbish?

Anyway hope Smith is does better in the top class than he has done so far in GP's.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

luck luck luck

all the luck in the world brad, dont think you will ser much of marquez next season, saying that you ain this one !!! good luck tho you will need all you can get.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Guess who?

Look picking a MotoGP rider from other ranks is a guessing game ,Smith is a GP winner , look at Julian Simon? Wheres he? They could pick someone out of the blue and them be immediately fast .So Herve has gone with his judgement and picked Brad , maybe for his attitude maybe for his riding stylke , maybe because he knows the tech3 600 is crap and to do anything with it is a major feat, who knows? Not I . Mike dimeglio , brilliant rider on 125 , nowhere now , usually in the kitty litter .I dont think its a foregone conclusion who the good riders will be . Marc Marquez has been great in Moto2 but will he do well on the MotoGP bike? Who knows ,it'll be good finding out though .

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

I once sat next to Bradley Smith at Donington Park and ate my lunch. Now look at him, toast of the celebrities and he ignores all my phone calls!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Good luck to Bradders next year at Tech 3.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Disaster

Smith gets the ride, Scott on the front row qualifying today, Smith in 15th!!! so nothing new, that's probably going to be tomorrows finishing order and Smith gets a MotoGP ride, no talent, no chance, waste of a ride, and it's going to be another dipshit on a MotoGP bike and for 2 years and only signed Cal for 1 !!!!, there's something not right here. 

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Bradders

Unless Brad drastically raises his game, I can't see him doing that well. He just doesn't seem to have the killer instinct, but it would be good to be proved wrong.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

I'm not the biggest Smith fan but he's a fellow Englishman and i'll watch him hoping he does well.  Not convinced with him but i'm with Richard1967's way of thinking, you never know how they'll perform when they move up a class.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices