Skip to content

Discuss This Jonathan Rea set to test for Repsol Honda in Brno MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jonathan Rea set to test for Repsol Honda in Brno

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jonathan Rea set to test for Repsol Honda in Brno

British rider Jonathan Rea is expected to be given a golden chance to show Honda that he is worthy of a full-time MotoGP ride in 2013 after being handed the opportunity to test Casey Stoner’s factory RC213V machine in Brno on Monday. Rea, who is currently in Moscow with his Ten Kate Honda squad for round 11 of the World Superbike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 August 2012 18:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

An Eight Hour victory

Is worth its weight in titanium for a HRC rider. Great news, we're all intrigued to see what Rea can do with a quality GP machine.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Rea

Is Jonathan good enough? Never thought rea was that good , bit surprised hes being considered , then again what do I know?

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

nice one

Looking forward to the test hope it goes well for you Jonathan Rea , did he test a motogp bike a few years ago , and i think he went well on it then ,

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

I like this

Nothing like a little spring cleaning. I hope Rea keeps it all together this weekend and enjoys a stellar outing with the RCV. He was not half shabby with the bike in Sepang some time back.

Would that Gresini can have Spies and Rea both on full factory Honda's at Valencia testing.

GP needs this angle desperately. Whether they like it or not SBK is is pissing on the premier class's parade hand over fist as a viewer spectacle and 99% of viewers are casual fans of the sport.

Rea will of course have to get to grips with the Bridgestones and that won't be easy.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Good luck..

..to Jonny on Monday..

He'll be tired..I just hope he keeps his concentration and don't bin the bike early. End of the day while running in the 56's will do..

I reckon the kid has big potential and he deserves this chance after staying loyal to Honda all his career and persevering with the ageing Blade. He's always beaten his team mates including WSB champ Checa and has made Aoyama look a clubman this year.

Why the fk Ben "the flake" Spies is being considered at all, let alone over him, by Gresini and HRC is beyond me? 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

About time

Honda don't always stick by those who are loyal to them. They seem obsessed with Spanish riders. J.rea has been very reliable and would probably have at least 1 WSB title if he was on any other bike. He should have been next in line for Stoners old bike.

Reply to this Topic
Amcoll

Aug 12

Amcoll says:

Hang on, Rea can test the RC213V, but i don't think he can race it, remember, the rookie rule is still in effect, and AFAIK, Rea has never completed the 8(?) MotoGP races needed to no longer be classed as a rookie, and therefore can't ride for Repsol Honda Bradl up to Repsol and Rea to LCR might be feasible, but then as Jules Ryder said today, is LCR going to want to give up the rider that has a damned good chance of getting their sponsors name on a podium this year? This seems more like Honda just saying thanks for Suzuka, with half an eye on him to see how he handles himself on the GP bikes for future reference

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

jonny

great to see a fellow ulsterman being offered a ride on Casey's bike, can't see it going very far though.  But who knows what might happen?  jonny's great to watch, adorned with a fantastic riding style, he also has his moments of madness. However, he has matured a lot over the years.  He would...down the road that is, be a great addition to Motogp and will definatley stir the pot a little.  

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Bradl

Will be on a factory spec Honda next year,so its down to his current team not really wanting Bradl in Repsol colours at this time but wanting not to upset Honda at the same time tricky one

Reply to this Topic
Amcoll

Aug 12

Amcoll says:

re:amcoll...

According (again) to Jules Ryder's twitter feed earlier, no, rookie rules don't apply to subs, so that's that settled. 

However, all of the manufacturers like to reward riders from the lower divisions with big bike rides for good performance, don't they? Lets face it, in WSB, they don't have a lot to shout about, its a straight choice between Rea and Aoyama, who, despite being ex GP, is quite frankly cack. They don't have ANY other Superbike riders to look to for the future, unless they want to start promoting up from the national championships like BSB or AMA

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices