Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies close to shock Gresini Honda deal? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies close to shock Gresini Honda deal?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies close to shock Gresini Honda deal?

Ben Spies is edging closer to committing his future to MotoGP after it emerged in Brno today he is locked in talks over a shock move to the Gresini Honda squad for 2013. The Texan seemed certain to switch to World Superbikes to partner Marco Melandri in a BMW Italia squad next season after he announced he will quit Yamaha’s factory...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 August 2012 18:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Hopefully

This will happen , Spies is well worth the ride

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Would be a good move if it becomes a factory bike like the one Simoncelli was promised. Much better option to stay in MotoGP for the fans.  Proven race winner and without the terrible luck, a regular front runner.

I would have liked to have seen Rossi on a factory gresini ride but a good move for Ben never the less if it happens.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The picture becomes clearer

Spies' Laguna outburst was obviously from man who had been pushed by senior management, with words said that perhaps were not entirely meant. I agree with Ben's own assessment here. 2012 has been a disaster but by not means reflective of what this young man still has to give. Question is - is he better than Alvaro? Com'n HRC two Gresini prototypes again please.

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

business as usual

the key sentence here is.... Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta is believed to be pushing Gresini and title sponsors San Carlo to hire the 2009 World Superbike champion. proof that the guy is orchestrating all the deals in motogp and has been since vale rocked up. dorna is a business and making money outshines the morals of racing.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Politically correct Carmello

Chess Dorna style.

Their manipulation of top team and rider lineups sucks. After they secured golden boy cash cow the top package,they now are thinking about a Spaniard (Bautista) being sacrificed in the interests of geopolitical correctness. Not that this would be bad for Gresini. Ben Spies is far better than this seasons results suggest. Two over the hill American riders are all that will remain if Spies does a Stoner. Definitely not what Dorna wants.

Oh ! I'm not knocking Nick or Colin,but only a fool will bet money on either of them ever challenging for a GP race win next year. Dorna needs an American competitor on competitive kit.

The GPC should just scrap CRT for the joke it is and channel funding into each factory running four full factory kitted riders.

A 12 bike factory prototype grid is a mouth watering prospect. Who cares about what and who is trolling around in 15th riding his guts out for one point anyway in a 20 bike field.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Strange choice..

...if Ben decides to stay in GP's. He say's " I don't want to look back in 10 years and say maybe I left too soon but to stay it has to be the right package and that is what I am working on right now.” It would seem he's on arguably the best package as it is, what does he expect to change? Spies is definitely a top rider, but I don't think he'll ever win the championship, top 3 at best...

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

maybe he'll have more like on a Honda.  Be a shame for him to leave motogp.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

So..

Let's get this right..

Speez was gonna quit because Rossi got his ride with Carmelo fixing it, now he's staying because Carmelo's fixing it?

He was pissing and whining on twatter about Marquez' passport, yet that is exactly what is going to keep him in GP?..on another factory bike!

What's the point of Rea testing the Repsol Honda?

The guy is a flake..a fkin mummy's boy. He's not commited to becoming a contender because he has too many external distractions. Being champ is not his priority and all the PR speak about maybe having regrets if he leaves is bullshit. He is just there for the money.

I wonder how Cal will feel about this having outclassed him all year on a satellite bike..which is what he'll be riding next year while Speez is being offered another chance on top equipment..with a big fuck off pay cheque to go with it no doubt? It's laughable.

To all those who keep saying how unlucky he's been..

He's had two mecahnical DNFs and both came after he lost his Yamaha ride. He's 10th in the standings without a podium behind both satellite riders..he's been 10th all season long for Chrissakes.

Cracked subframe?..Well who fkn cracked it? and whose soppy crew never picked it up? Chunked tyres at Silverstone is his only excuse and he finished 4th, the best result of his season!

Ben's shite race form is mirrored in practice..no issues here whatsoever, he has two bikes and 4 sessions to get with the programme yet..out of 12 QPs this year has only been faster than both satellite bikes on 3 occasions? Speez is yet to start from the front row!

Bad luck Bobs shrivelled leftie.

He's not up to the job, is easily distracted and taking a hungrier riders seat. Just look at the picture..white fluffy ear muffs says it all.

Fkin MotoGP stinks. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

False Championship.

Right there >...Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta is believed to be pushing... <Remember that - any underhand double dealing you want sorting, he's your man.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Benny..

I didn't know that Cal had been offered the Gresini ride with a works bike..I stand corrected.

Sounds to me like he's got guarantees on the level of equipment he's gonna get next year..he may well have an upgraded bike for the rest of the season, a halfway house between Dovi's and Jorge's, which means he'll be pissing all over the greedy, U turning Italian for the remainder.

True to his word? Dovisioso said he'd never go near a fkin Ducati til his options dried up and the big fat cheque book was waved under his spotty nose..he was the one who said he'd quit and ride a Superbike.

Did Andrea get offered a works Gesini RCV?..Oh sorry I forgot. He had a Repsol last year and got the bullet.

He's feathered his nest and will have to lie in it now..while evertbody else fks off into the distance.

Spies honest and deserving??..don't be silly.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices