Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow takes maiden podium in Brno thriller MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow takes maiden podium in Brno thriller

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow takes maiden podium in Brno thriller

Cal Crutchlow ended a 12-year wait for a British rider to score a MotoGP podium after he took third place in this afternoon’s Brno MotoGP race. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider finished behind a thrilling scrap between Spanish duo Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo, which Pedrosa won after an enthralling last lap. Pedrosa took his third win of the season...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 August 2012 14:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

12 long Years..

Great ride from Cal today, totally dictated the pace back to Dovi who had nothing to answer with. Let's just hope this is the monkey off his back and the results will now come more naturally. Brilliant ride from Pedrosa too - the pressure he was under from Lorenzo was immense, but he managed it really well and deserved the victory...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Leecho.

You need your head read if you think Johnny Rea will show Stoner anything..

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I reckon the confidence boost that Dani will take from this win is much more important than the 5 points he took from J-lo. Now the little dude knows he can outwit the most calculatted rider in Motogp. This might be a turning point in Dani's career. And he needs that, Marquez will take it to him from the first race next seizon. With 46 back on a propper bike and 93 on a factory Honda? We might get some 4 way battles yet. Still watching Casey in a qualifying lap? Yes he will be missed.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

at last...

Great to see Cal on the podium but even better to see Pedrosa take the win the way he did.
Did anybody hear what what was wrong with Dovi's bike?

CHR.....you ever heard of facetious?

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

you talk utter crap revbenny

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Buelligan.

Yeah Ok. Now I'm laughing! You need to be careful my friend, you appear to be having delusions of adequacy..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Rev.

From the horses mouth..“I was confident going into the race that I could fight for the podium. But there is no doubt that Cal did a better job than me and I congratulate him for getting his first podium in MotoGP. When I was close to him in the early laps I could see he gained some time in corner entry and he had more corner speed than me. Hardly gifting him the podium. Wake up and smell the cheese..

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Tech 3 in 2013....

Will not be as successful, regarding podiums as this year due to the simple fact that the gap between the factory Yamaha's and those of the Tech 3 Team will be far greater than they are this year. The new rules, tyres and engines this year mean the bikes are pretty close. Next year with 12 months of development and winter testing will mean Herve's team will probably be behind all of the works teams. So Dovi leaving (and hopefully riding well on the Ducati) will have little effect on this bike.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Well done Pedrosa

first time I have seen him win a battle like that, fighting that chatter problem all race. Think he just might have benefited from having access to Stoners data and knowing that he ride it that little bit harder than he used to. This is what Honda have always had, an equal and open garage that benefits both riders, and Pedrosa has gained from having Stoner as a team mate and vice versa.

Solid start from Crutchlow for a change and didn't get stuck behind Dovi the rolling chicane, and Spies must be starting to believe that there is a saboteur in the garage.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Bennycockbreath

It must of taken you a while to come out of your bedroom today, but I like the blind man approach you have taken,At the end of the day my old weasel, the boil has been lanced,This was a fair and square pasting for the spotty one.As a wiser man than thee said today Dovi is at his peak now ,Cal is still on the rise,say whatever you like Benny it is of no more than the mutterings of a fool that refuses to see beyond gooey eyed love of the man of his dreams,However Dovi said Cal was much faster mid corner, I know you share his data so perhaps you can help him with that ,Oh and you speak moronically of the tech 3 battle, this is not the first time Cal has bettered the experienced one and no one expected him to be better than Dovi this year,however it has proven that eliminate Dovi's good starts and Cal has the beating of him ,that has been evident before,but the cast has been made ,it will happen again ,get used to it Vicar and buy more tissues ,If I appear to be smug and enjoying goading you then that is the right impression ta ta Bennyheartbroken

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices