Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow takes maiden podium in Brno thriller MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow takes maiden podium in Brno thriller

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow takes maiden podium in Brno thriller

Cal Crutchlow ended a 12-year wait for a British rider to score a MotoGP podium after he took third place in this afternoon’s Brno MotoGP race. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider finished behind a thrilling scrap between Spanish duo Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo, which Pedrosa won after an enthralling last lap. Pedrosa took his third win of the season...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 August 2012 14:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Rev.

If Cal has the kind of luck Dovi has had this year, he could quite possibly beat the record of 6 podiums. He qualified 2nd and then fended off all that the Italian had to offer in the race, finishing 3rd. You can't argue with that..Now Rev, as a man who likes to touch cloth, concede you made a mistake in suggesting Dovi handed Cal his podium..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Rev.

Will Dovi beat Stoner's record?..

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Rev

The question remains: Will Crutchlow beat Dovi's Tech3 record?

Unlikely. But would you expect him to in only his 2nd season at this level bud?

Strong ride from Cal.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

record ?

I don't think anyone but you cares Benny.but the point is Cal is a talent who will continue to improve..he will beat Dovi again and he will prove to be a factory standard rider.Ducati may well rue the day they missed him.I doubt Cal will feel the same

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Ah, now you see..

..I've already answered that question my dear blind monk. I think it's possible he will - can't say for certain, I don't have the kind of relationship with the big guy up above that you do. I do know that Dovi will need divine intervention if he'll even come close to Casey's efforts! Now I've played ball with you, how about answering my question?..

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Dovi - Sold his soul

To the Rev - Dovi has sold his soul to the DEVIL ( Ducati to be more precise ).He shall surely pay the price next year.You better get a praying Rev,poor Dovi will need it next year !  LOL ( Evil laughter )

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Nice one Cal

On an article about Crutchlow, yellow flag wavers Leecho and Firebird have a go at Stoner.

Pathetic.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

cals day

today is his day not stoners or dovi's, i couold not care one bit about dovi's fuel problem, cal ran out of fuel over the line too you blinded ass kissers!!!!

proud day to be a british biker.

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

bigbashbonanza

'the gap between the factory Yamaha's and those of the Tech 3 Team will be far greater than they are this year. ' 

I'm pretty sure it'll be the opposite. They'll be closer than ever. At least Cal's will be. He's on a personal assurance from Nakajima-san that he'll be on the best possible kit next year. Not quite factory, but as close as dammit. That more than anything else was what persuaded him to stay with Tech 3 rather than go to Gresini. 

AND they'll have extra setup data filtering down from Rossi, which will be far more useful than Spies' data has been this year. 

Getting podiums will still be tough because the kid Marquez will be quick right from the word go, but Cal will certainly have the right tools for the job.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Arguing is

Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon; it knocks the pieces over , shits on the board then puffs out its chest in vainglory and victory

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices