Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow takes maiden podium in Brno thriller MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow takes maiden podium in Brno thriller

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow takes maiden podium in Brno thriller

Cal Crutchlow ended a 12-year wait for a British rider to score a MotoGP podium after he took third place in this afternoon’s Brno MotoGP race. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider finished behind a thrilling scrap between Spanish duo Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo, which Pedrosa won after an enthralling last lap. Pedrosa took his third win of the season...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 August 2012 14:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Are you on Facebook ?

If so then have a quick look at my dear old mothers page and give it a like :) just type in the name

JANE  STANTON  DONNOR  ARTIST

Currently doing her second Simoncelli tribute oil painting. 

You wont be dissapointed if you have a look.  she does other riders too.  

Thanks guys :)

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

Recycling?

First of all, congratulations to Danni. He surprised me by showing some real fight to go with his impressive speed.

Well done JL a great clean battle.

Congratulation Cal, may it be the first of many.

Finally, it is an admirable thing to recycle when ever you can, but has Yamaha gone a tad too far?

Are they putting all the worn out bits on Ben's bike?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Rev, you want an answer?..

...if it's a Yes or No you're looking for, I'd be happy to put my money on a Yes. There you go, you now have my definitive answer ( Yes ) - no smokescreens, no idle chit chat - just a straight up reply. Let's see if you can reciprocate. Will Dovi beat Stoner's record. Yes or No?..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Cal vs Dovi..

Dovi is a tremendous racer and a world champ..this is his 6th season in the top class, 3 have been on a Repsol bike which he took to 3rd in the standings last year.

Cal is new to GP having completed only 22 races by comparison. He ended up 12th last year in his rookie season.

When Herve signed Andrea, not many gave Cal a chance against him in a deal that was touted as a straight fight to see who would keep their seat. 

Dovi has proved again what a class act he is and is currently 4th but, Cal has more than hung onto his coat tails in 5th just 28 pts back, two-thirds of the way through the season.

However, Dovi's experience and race craft, including his starts, does not tell the whole story it could be argued.

12 races completed and Cal outscores his team mate by having the faster race lap..8/12 rounds he's been faster on Sundays.

Qualifying, the trend continues. Ignoring Silverstone where Cal started from the back because he was in hospital for the QP session, he has topped Andrea on 9/11 ocassions.

These are figures that do not go unnoticed by the people who matter, given the relative experience of the respective riders. Who has more potential going forward? Whose performance graph has flat-lined while the other is in steep ascendancy? 

It's clear Dovi has had the edge in the races, he's canny and very difficult to pass. Crutchlow has more often than not been snapping at his heels, deciding wisely that discretion is the better part of valour given his crashes and DNF's last year. 

They are both doing a fantastic job for Poncheral but for me..Cal will only improve his craft and results, especially if he has a works bike in all but name next year. Dovi is on the Ducati and I will be gobsmacked if he does better on it than he is doing this year on the M1 satellite bike.

The above is more relevant than Benny's silly hypothetical game..but if it makes you happy son and given next year's line up, YES I expect Cal to set a new Tech3 record for podium in 2013. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Wosi

Good post

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

well done cal .. well chuffed for you , & great battle for 1st good to see danni has ' grown a pair ' & took on a fight instead of the usual , good clean race & thoroughly enjoyed it ,

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Captain Peddy took the fight to Lorenzo and won.  One of only two riders who can.  Well done mate and may you also take your first premier class championship in 2012 too. Let's take it to wire. Stonking ride from Cal, can only boost his confidence.  Roll on San Marino in Dovi's back yard!!

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Dovi vs Cal - Cats & Dogs !

Dovi vs Cal - At present I would have to go for Dovi as he is more consistant & less ragged then Cal.However there is little between them most days as they fight cat & dog on the track.

In fact Cats & Dogs is a good way to describe the 2.Dovi is the cat,smooth,fast,agile & a very cool cat at that.Cal a big shaggy dog,bounding after the cat ears flapping about in the wind.The dog isnt as cool as the cat but if he catches the cat,then the cats in trouble & the dog is very,very close to the cat most races.

Cutting to the chase - The Revs question,straight answer No  would have gone for maybe if it where a choice

CHRainmakers question - No  not a chance,Casey is a legend

MY QUESTION - Will Dovi finish in front of Cal next season ?  YES or NO ?

Answering my own question - NO

Cal has been fortunate in his miss fortune & Dovi miss fortunate in his fortune.Or to use a phrase you will like Rev - Better the devil you now than the devil you dont.Saying that we all know which is the bigger devil of the two when it comes to Tec 3 & Ducati ! The red paint should give you a clue.

If Dovi can make it work next year then I will heap praise on youre cool cat & admite being wrong about his move to Ducati.Atonment will be in order.However if it all goes wrong & your cat has run into a dead end & gets savaged by a big shaggy Tec 3 dog then I will remind you of my posts.

I hope your cool cat will be OK next year because I do like Dovi.I just think that next season will see all his 9 lives spent.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Well done Cal

One things for sure, regardless of how many podiums Dovi scores with Tech 3 this year, Crutchlow'll beat him senseless next year in the overall results.

Dovi - Mr late braker - No front end feeling? Oh dear.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The way things are looking

The battle for third in the 2013 championship should be a ding dong battle between Dovi, Bradl, Marquez and Crutchlow. Seventh is probably a given too, unless Spies starts finishing races.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle