Skip to content

Discuss This Brno MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo reflects on last corner defeat MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Brno MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo reflects on last corner defeat

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Brno MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo reflects on last corner defeat

Jorge Lorenzo admitted he got his tactics wrong in the closing stages of a thrilling Brno MotoGP yesterday (Sunday) after he suffered a last lap defeat to title rival Dani Pedrosa. Lorenzo had seized the lead from his Repsol Honda rival with a daring move at Turn 7, but he was undone at the final chicane after running wide and letting...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 August 2012 09:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I was sitting between that turn and the next left

Right in front of the subdued yellow mob. I was there all weekend and saw nobody in any class make a pass in that corner. That was a big balls manoeuvre downhill on the anchors into a half gap. Sheer brilliance from Jorge, but not quite enough ;-).

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

At last

At last ! The story finally arrives.Thank you MCN.Anyway my verdict & opinion on the race & riders wether you like it or not.

Dani - Congratulations ! A very hard fought race & a very well deserved win.Kept his cool all race,never faded at the end like he has so many times in the past.He fought from start to finish tooth & nail & got stronger at the end of the race.Amazing how he never buckled under the relentless pressure of Jorge.Truelly a master class stella ride from Dani.Do I think Dani can win the championship ? Yes,after his recent performances yes,he is defenatly a threat & contender.

Jorge - He may not have won but WOW,what a race,what a ride.That overtake half way through the last lap ! WOW,what a manuaver & he almost pulled off the 2nd overtake had he not run very wide.Its Jorges bravery that I admire,instead of just saying Oh well,I will just settle for 2nd he pulls out all the stops in a do or die manuaver which has you bottom jaw hitting the ground.

I would have liked to see Jorge win but Dani deserved it & I dont begrudge him the win one bit.Its been a long time since Ive seen the top two battling it out tooth & nail,its the battle weve all been waiting for.Lets hope for a close end to the season & more of the same.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

now thats why JL is a deserving champion

The last lap move by JL was perfection - lifting Dani enough to gain the place but not throw DP off line, it was big balls, huge talent and brave as f***!

JL has matured as a rider, as a professional and racer - the stuff of champions!

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

still

jorge is the man to beat. 13 point with race like this is difficult for dani. jorge will thriumph soon. no doubt.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Jorgé knows this will go to the wire and is worried/impressed with Dani's (arguably best season) form.  Both incredibly tough and willing to risk race winning overtakes.... great racing. Wonder that Team orders will be when Stoner returns? 

Aragon will be interesting with that kilometer back straight as a counter to the tight and twisting corners favoured to the sublime Yamaha.  Will Stoner be up for his sixth win at Phillip Island with that Ankle or can Jorgé or Peddy break his unbeaten streak with their title charge?  Can a grizzly bear run faster than a cat?

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

What a race! Good on ya Dani boy. I don't think there'll be any need for team orders once Stoner comes back. Either Dani will win it......or he'll bin it. All the best.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Blackbird....

CBR, the team orders are about tactics on how best to thwart Lorenzos runaway whilst Pedrosa takes maximum points.  The point is whether Stoner will play.  Obviously he won't.  Philip Island will be a very interesting race mate..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

THAT pass

I watched it on viedo last night which was every bit as impressive as watching it in the flesh trackside. Lorenzo ghosted through a gap that was barely there. I have no idea how he managed that. Spectacular. Pass of the year.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices