Skip to content

Discuss This Jonathan Rea grasps dream chance on Casey Stoner’s Honda MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jonathan Rea grasps dream chance on Casey Stoner’s Honda

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jonathan Rea grasps dream chance on Casey Stoner’s Honda

Jonathan Rea admitted his chance to ride double MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner’s factory Honda RC213V machine in Brno yesterday was a ‘dream come true’.The British rider was drafted in by Repsol Honda to replace injured Stoner, who is preparing for surgery this week in Australia on the badly damaged ankle he suffered in a crash in Indianapolis earlier this...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 August 2012 10:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
noel13

Aug 08

noel13 says:

Great achievement!

Great news for Jonathan, focus on making the most of this opportunity and secure that GP ride!!

Reply to this Topic
waipipi

Jul 06

waipipi says:

Honest

An honest opinion on the divide between the 2 competitions for sure.......

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

mistake/reastake

After all the reastake's this guy makes in all races i realy dont understand why Honda gave him a ride, he's nothing but a reapedo. bouncing all riders off track. this guy is dangerous realy dangerous and in MotoGP he wil be even more dangerous!!! back to BSB or WSS. nothing special this guy.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Just what the GP needs

A great racer to ruffle some feathers,

get in there pal

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Great!

Jonny deserves a crack at gp, he's won races regularly in wsb which everyone devalues as a championship but from what I've seen needs a serious amount of race craft to win in, hope he can adapt well and show what he can do coming from one of the slower bikes in one paddock to the fastest in another!

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Bridgestone adaptation class

When this was announced I did not figure it was a good or bad deal re Johnny Rea. I did figure Bridgestone/Honda would be. All in all he acquitted himself well. Bridgestone and Honda are not the easieast fiddlestick right now. Hell,even Stoner and Pedrosa have problems with the 'Johnny come lately' Bridgestone enforced contraband.

Reply to this Topic
airbornetrooper

Jan 10

Jonny...

never fear he'll be on it, rea is overiding his sbk to compensate for its lack of development.  now he's got a chance to show how fast he can ride, great riding style, get comfortable with the tires and go... jonny...go.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I don't get the hype surrounding JR tbh. Yeah he's fast but many others are faster and stay right side up. But i wish him all the best and hope he proves me wrong.

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

rea

This will f--k is career up,moto gp shite

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

I think people recognize that the Fireblade is a bit long in the tooth now for WSB, but yet JR still is a regular front runner and race winner despite an obvious horsepower deficiency (the downside being that he has to override the bike to compete which unfortunately often leads to it being thrown into the scenery). He also has had a number of notable team mates - WSB champ Checa and 250cc Champ Aoyama to name two - and has beaten them all comfortably. Personally I'm glad his efforts have been noticed, though I suspect this ride has been given to him as a reward for the recent Suzuka 8hr win rather than his WSB rides, but hope he can put together a couple of solid rides on the MotoGP bike to get his name out there beyond the WSB paddock.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices