Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner’s crew heading back to Ducati with Andrea Dovizioso? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner’s crew heading back to Ducati with Andrea Dovizioso?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner’s crew heading back to Ducati with Andrea Dovizioso?

Casey Stoner’s factory Honda crew could be heading back to Ducati in 2013 to work with Andrea Dovizioso.Talks are on-going about the Australian’s crew, led by Italian Cristian Gabbarini, moving back to the Ducati factory they left at the end of 2010 when Stoner joined Repsol Honda.Stoner, who is currently out of action with a serious right ankle injury, will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 August 2012 10:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

typical.

since when does the term " i intend to stay at honda " become i am going to ducati?. there is nothing in this thread that says anything about stoners team going to ducati , its just a headline with no facts to back it up. i'm getting tired of sensational reporting , if gabarini says i am working on staying at honda , why would you report that he's heading for ducati? ive got a headache.

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

That explains..

..why he's been brown-nosing and bigging-up Stoner lately then...

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

dacron

Its because theres no loyalty in the world anymore. If honda decide they dont want them theyre out on their ear. If Ducati come in with a better offer and a solid contract, it would be foolish not to take it.

The contract isnt worth the paper its written on until it is signed and is legally binding as all parties know that.

Crutchlow had a verbally agreed deal with Ducati and was just waiting for it to arrive to be signed. Did it appear? No Cal is then accused of being a liar.

Trust no one these days because theres no honour in thew world anymore

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

carcleanerboy

there's been no honour since currency was invented. my point is that gabarini clearly says in the thread that he is working on staying at honda and honda management is keen to keep him! , so why add a contradicting headline to his own words? no other part of the team seems to have even been asked!! , or if they were there answers were not to be found in this thread , so its totally pointless.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

It's been said a 1000 times Darcon

Marquez brings his whole crew with him - Stoner's old crew are getting shipped out anyway. The reason Gresini and LCR didn't want Marquez was because they would have had to fired some long standing crew members but Marquez was only going to be in the team a year. It was preferred by some satellite teams that Marquez go straight to the factory team because they didn't want to deal with firing guys just to accommodation Marquez crew for a year.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Its a game of chess

No one really tells the truth, its all spin . One day tell the world your staying where you are until the better deal somewhere else is sealed. Would you tell your boss you where having interviews at another firm if the job wasnt firmly offered?

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

RawDawg

thats a totally different situation altogether. to hire stoners crew would mean a permanency worth taking on , obviously they are one of the best teams ever put together and worth keeping together. still its not what i'm talking about. its the startling headline accompanied by a thread that not even dovi says is happening! all dovi says is they (he and ducati ) have talked about it.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

oh

ok. Yeah the article is a bit thin and wanting, isn't it? I think Casey's crew is getting the boot for Marquez but they could be in talks with other teams besides Ducati as well.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

good idea

Maybe it's not a bad idea for Ducati to take them back. Having had the Honda exposure Ducati might get some input on how to build a competitive machine then.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I am sure others will be looking at this. This is something Spies needs to be looking at for his future plans for next year.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices