Skip to content

Discuss This Share your congratulations for Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Share your congratulations for Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Share your congratulations for Cal Crutchlow

Cal Crutchlow became the first British rider on a MotoGP podium in 12 years with a fantastic third place at Brno on Sunday. His first reponse to the result was to think of British fans, so we thought you might like the chance to return the favour. Post your congratulations for Cal in the messages below and we'll pass them on,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 August 2012 12:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DrWorm

Jul 11

DrWorm says:

Super-Cal

Cal was outstanding, well done lad.  More to come from him I'm sure.

Reply to this Topic
bobthedray

May 08

bobthedray says:

Top man Cal now you have tested the water things can only get better top three in 2013

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

@BarkerBill...yr avatar is truly scary....

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The pain is easier..

I was at Donington 12 years ago, stood in the pissing rain, to watch a proper old school 500 race that was significant for being Valentino Rossi's first win in the big class as well as the last time a Brit, Irishman McWilliams, mounted the podium.

I was there 1993..where Foggy should have been the last Englishman to podium until his Cagiva suffered fuel starvation and he was pipped by McKenzie, a Scot...Doohan skittled the Suzuki's and it was the last time we saw Rainey ride a bike here in anger..Team boss Kenny Snr. was livid when Cadalora ignored orders from the Marlboro Yamaha camp to finish behind a battered and title chasing team mate, to nick his first win on a 500. Rainey was 2nd and closed the gap to Schwantz in what was to be a fateful run-in.

As an Englishman..I believe you have to go back to Leon's Dad, Rocket Ron at Germany in 1987.

That my friends, is a Silver jubilee..a fkin lifetime, pre-dating the internet as it does. Cal himself was a toddler.

WTF is the problem with us and GP success?

Cal Crutchlow gets respect for bringing a little bit of this Englishman's heart-ache to an end..the Full Monty and Bazza's last win, 31 years of hurt ago, would be bloody marvellous.

Well done lad..now crack on.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

wosi

As you corectly point out to us all, we've witnessed Englishmen, Irishmen, Ausies, Italians and Scots on the podium and they all deserved it, but alas, nair a Taffy in sight, oh dear, "Let us pray" . . .

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Non TRoll verdict

Bloody brilliant I say

Reply to this Topic
nigel100

Jan 05

nigel100 says:

good enough?

whilst i am the first to say congrats  to Carl, i am also quite sure , as he no doubt is, that he has still to find .5sec per lap to be contesting for a win.He has always had qualifying speed as we have all seen in his 600 days , sometimes pulling a whole second faster than 2nd place , but this is a new ball game and he has to keep his feet on the floor, davisioso will keep him honest because he is no mug, but to find another .5sec on race setup will not be easy. Just look at Spies he couldnt produce anything like his regular brilliance in WSB. But fingers crossed for Carl I hope he can. It was certainly lucky for him that Ducati chose Dovvy, the Yam is a far better bike.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti..Amen BB.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Congratulations Cal...

...you are a true British hero and we are all very proud of you.

And try not to gloat too much on your way passed Dovi next year   =)

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

If Cal was a colour it would be...

...maximum effort red with purple patches

If Dovi was a colour it would be, er....beige. Oh dear.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices