Skip to content

Ask an Expert Stebel Nautilus and MOT Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Stebel Nautilus and MOT

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Stebel Nautilus and MOT

Just wondering if there are any MOT / legal issues with a horn this loud? My existing horn is fading slightly and I lost count of just how many people pulled out in front of me today - twice very dangerously in front of cops who did bugger all.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 August 2012 17:59)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Stebel

Nope. It should pass fine. I had one on my ZZR6. During the MOT test, it was time to demonstrate the horn working. The MOT station I use is a car garage. One poor mechanic had his head under a bonnet.

I think he said "What the duck was that?" as he rubbed the back of his head...... :lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

ha

Yeh I was concerned with the mechanic perhaps coming out with his ears bleeding and failing the bike as revenge...

Cheers.

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Phil

Just pre-warn the mechanic beforehand that the horn is louder than he will be expecting, your kindness could well result in him showing you some in return.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

MOT

Dear Mr / Mrs Mechanic,

My Horn is classed as a "sonic weapon" under UN declarations regarding battlefield electronics. I suggest you just accept it works.

Regards,

The idiot.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

horns

Maybe you should fit a "Pre horn" horn to warn the mechanic that you are about to deploy the real horn....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices