Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo: No number one at Yamaha in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo: No number one at Yamaha in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo: No number one at Yamaha in 2013

Jorge Lorenzo has denied he will be Yamaha’s clear number one rider in 2013 with preferred treatment over rival Valentino Rossi.The Spaniard will renew hostilities with Rossi from inside Yamaha’s factory garage after the nine-times world champion penned a two-year deal to be back on a YZR-M1 next season.There has been plenty of debate in the paddock about how Rossi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 August 2012 12:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

GYTR

Yes,I hope so too.If youre going to ride for a satellite team then factory support makes all the difference.Just look at what Dovi was able to acheive last year with factory support.

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

It would be great if Ducati got their shit sorted out and we could all watch at least 6 bikes fighting for the win but I’m not so sure that will happen. I don’t know but I think this will be the kiss of death for Dovi : (

I’m most looking forward to seeing how Marquez get’s on. It didn’t take him long to get the jist of the Moto2 bike so maybe we could see him fighting for the lead before half way through the season. One thing I do know is he’ll be pissing people off with his aggression, Marquez has Dani’s size and Marco’s balls!

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

acanada

When he suceeds next season your orange arse will be very irritable,bit like your gob.

Easy on the predictions there lad. Sounds very familiar to 18 months ago when Rossi made the switch to Ducati. How's that working out?

Mind you, he may well 'succeed' as you put it, as I take it Rossi fans these days count 'succeeding' as keeping the thing upright, and finishing the race within 20 seconds of the winner?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Ratchet

Fair?

When Lorenzo joined Yamaha the support afforded to both riders was exactly the same and this showed in the results of the riders and was one of the reasons Rossi left Yamaha.

2008, Rossi had Bridgestones and Lorenzo was on the (as Rossi called them) inferior Michelins. Not equal equipment. Why didn't Yamah get Bridgestones for both riders?

Rossi had the wall put up, no data sharing, therefore not equal treatment by Yamaha. The fact that Rossi was on Bridgestones was no reason to put a wall up.

2009, both on Bridgestone control tyre, the wall stayed up, Rossi still refused to share data with Lorenzo - not equal treatment.

It's been said that Lorenzo's bike was never up to the same spec as Rossi's until 2010 - not sure of the exact source of that though.

So, not quite the same support for both riders.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Bulto the ban of data sharing came into play in the 2010 season.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Equal spec

It was Rossi's choice to have Bridgestones not Yamaha. Lorenzo only went onto same tyres as Yamaha realised they were at the time alot better tyre. The no data sharing I believe was just for set up choices, Lorenzo still had exactly the same equipment apart from tyres and rear swing arm until Lorenzo was on Bridgestone. The only reason they had different swingarms was because the tyres dictated that.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Lorenzos begining in Moto GP

In the begining Jorge wasnt on equal terms with Rossi.Rossi had Bridgestone tyres after insisting to Yamaha he had to have them.Every body knew at the time that the Bridgestone tyres were superior not a case of wait & see.

Lorenzo was very much the second rider & Rossi made sure of that,only problem was the results a determined Lorenzo was getting.Yamaha couldnt ignore his performance & so he was eventually on equal terms,more or less with Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Lorenzo only went onto same tyres as Yamaha realised they were at the time alot better tyre.

He went onto Bridgestone's because Dorna made them the control tyre for everyone.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Was that not what I said? Bikes where identical apart from the tyres and swingarm. It wasn't a choice, JLO couldn't have Bridgestones on the tyre company's part and not Yamaha. Yamaha made every effort to give them same bikes apart from what was out of there hands.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Before they became control tyre Yamaha already said they would be on same tyre the following season. It was only after this statement in MCN that talk was going on about control tyres. But yes your correct when JLO went onto Bridgestones they was then infact the control tyre.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices