Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Will Rossi succeed on a Yamaha? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Will Rossi succeed on a Yamaha?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Poll: Will Rossi succeed on a Yamaha?

The Doctor's back on a bike capable of winning next year, but does it still have what it takes? Not only is he back on a Yamaha, with whom he has already won world titles, but Jorge Lorenzo has underlined that there will be no number one rider in the team in 2013.  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 August 2012 12:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Pacey

Your comment - Another lucrative contract. He'll call that a success.

I think you may find he took a sustancial pay drop to ride for Yamaha, Lin Jarvis basically said that they had paid Jorge well for his next contract meaning there wasn't so much left for Rossi, if it was purely money he'd have stayed @ Ducati obviously, however he has the desire to be up front, hate the fella all you like but money is NOT the motivation for the move.

I'm well aware he makes more than enough from his personal sponsors but that's the case whoever he rides for. 

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

Definitely maybe

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Personally, I believe he's got another title at least in him. My opinion guys don't shit the bed over it.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

i voted slim chance

i think he will win a race or two as the bike he will jump on will be mostly sorted, but its just a question of how hard he will push?, dont think he would take a titiel again but racing is a mind game and proves us all wrong either way be good for racing but im still pissed off he got the ride in the first place.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Gixertam

I agree Rossi has been back to front for some time now, except on the straight aways. That thing's a rocketship.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro and all Tech buffs

Here is a very interesting article if you've got ten mins to spare  : http://manziana.motocorse.com/blog/32890_Desmo-whys

Reply to this Topic
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

a born winner he is

of course he will win races again,love or hate the guy,he has a rare talent for riding a bike fast,and underneath all that pr bullshit,is an out and out racer facinated by speed and all forms of racing.the guy still wants it,thats why he wants a good bike again,.he might have to dig a little deeper for the wins tho this time round lorenzo will be a hard man to beat,but rossi put dani to bed most times before,and i expect that to stay the same.hes won dozens  races on the yams and hondas ffs,spies and dovi have two lucky wins between them ffs,why does he not deserve the ride on merit,get real guys

Reply to this Topic
bmgarry

Oct 09

bmgarry says:

Rossi

as long as we have good clean racing i don't care who win's

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

You don't lose the speed after one winter break, he clearly doesn't like the bike. If you look at his times and Stoner's times they're pretty similar, the problem is the rest of the bikes have become a second faster than the Ducati. The Ducati Stoner raced in 2007 and 2008 was a good bike for the time and even Loris won a race and got a few podiums lol. Since Rossi has been at Ducati and Stoner hasn't the Honda has become massively fast, the Yamaha this year has improve it's engine and Tech 3 are better than Ducati now too. So Ducati's place atm is 7th and 8th which Rossi and Hayden are doing.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

That said Lorenzo is so good right now I think Rossi will have a hard time beating him and I think that will get to him.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices