Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Will Rossi succeed on a Yamaha? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Will Rossi succeed on a Yamaha?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Poll: Will Rossi succeed on a Yamaha?

The Doctor's back on a bike capable of winning next year, but does it still have what it takes? Not only is he back on a Yamaha, with whom he has already won world titles, but Jorge Lorenzo has underlined that there will be no number one rider in the team in 2013.  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 August 2012 12:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

I can't see why not

I can't see why not but it won't be a walk over like in years gone by. Lorenzo and Pedrosa are faster then a couple of years ago and the up and coming Marquez will make it even more difficuilt when he gets to grips with a 1000cc bike and the Bridgestones. Rossi will be by far more competitive but will be hard for him to win races week in week out.

Reply to this Topic
bmgarry

Oct 09

bmgarry says:

time to retire

this is what happens when you stay to long

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

What do we reckon: Cal on the satellite bike beating Rossi next year?

Can't wait to see those battles.  Bring it on....

Reply to this Topic
akaDan

Nov 11

akaDan says:

So fast to write him off.

I don't understand why a lot of people are so quick to write off Rossi, the guy was winning races right up until he left Yam and swapped to the Duc, started getting naff results, and all of a sudden you think he's had it? Bit of a coincidence, no? The competition in the top 6 will be fierce next year, but he's still the same guy who came 3rd in the championship with a fubar'd leg in 2010.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Rossi ?

Rossi ? My answer - Theres a slim chance.I think thats fair all considered.I feel the last option was a bit harsh because I think he can still do well,but win another championship,very unlikly given the very high standard of competition,Jorge,Dani & Marc Marquez.

On the bright side he will not have to worry about Casey ( This also goes for the above riders as well ) & he will be on one of the best bikes on the grid.Also thing can only get better for him now he has left Ducati,thats now some body elses problem,poor Dovi.

Its a new start,a clean slate,a chance to prove he isnt washed up as a lot of people beleive.Its also a great opertunity for Jorge to prove yet again that he is the better rider.I cant wait ! Its going to be fun.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

My post speaks for itself nostro

spin it and twist it all you want, but you know I'm pretty close to the mark.

Reply to this Topic
hansolouk

Feb 11

hansolouk says:

anyone seen what odds bookies are giving him winning title in 2013  ???

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Motivation and enthusiasm

are not the same as winning though are they SM? You seem to be equivocating, are you a man of conviction or just a wobbly invertebrate?

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

How can you be The Greatest of All Time when Agostini has won more Motogp/500 titles and Ago and Angel Nieto have both won more titles if you include other classes. So he's the third Greatest of All time. When Rossi moved to Ducati I said he would never win another GP and I stand by that statement.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

CH987

If we all agree with your summary of Rossi`s career, and he is indeed the third greatest of all time......whats so wrong with that?

I wish I was 100th greatest of all time.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices