Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Will Rossi succeed on a Yamaha? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Will Rossi succeed on a Yamaha?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Poll: Will Rossi succeed on a Yamaha?

The Doctor's back on a bike capable of winning next year, but does it still have what it takes? Not only is he back on a Yamaha, with whom he has already won world titles, but Jorge Lorenzo has underlined that there will be no number one rider in the team in 2013.  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 August 2012 12:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
xerox ducati

Apr 08

xerox ducati says:

team mates

also people keep going on about him now beating his team mates. all the other ducati riders kept the bike the same and therefore were more consistant where rossi was going through development every race so the bike was always chopped and changed this is what needs to happen to make something better but it takes time and lotts of moeny which ducati does did not have until now. so there were underlying reasond why you saw a consistancy difference between him and the others.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

fair point

but it does'nt say much for the nine times world champ against one world champ on a sat bike in his second season now does it, next season ill have my point proven tho rossi wont be an alien like you all think he will be imo.still bloody fast tho.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Que?

I think Ducati management wanted Valentino to stay because he raised the profile of the brand regardless of the miserable results he was achieving.  And portraying Rossi as just a test-pilot for the "real" racers is about as delusional as it gets.

Anyway - let's hope that Dovi and Audi provide the missing pieces in the Tetris puzzle that is Ducati GP.  Certainly Rossi has painted a big target on his back for both Cal and Dovi to chase.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Benny

The so called 'Rossi inspired rubbish' is because of the incompetence of Ducati. Rossi should evaluate the bike and tell them what is wrong, which he has done. It is then up to Ducati's development team to come up with a bike that is improved, which they have failed to do. Ducati are running around like headless chickens, because they haven't a clue how to solve the problems. So Rossi/Burgess suggested various ideas, which is slightly more helpful than burying your head in the sand.

Preziosi will want to see the back of a high profile team like Rossi, because they highlighted the limitations of Preziosi's technical knowledge.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Many people have struggled on the Ducati and it just didn't suit Rossi's riding style, so there is no point counting Rossi's achievement on the Ducati to assess if he has still 'got it'. Riding the Yamaha against JL is going to be a tall order, but that will be the true test to how good he still is. If he doesn't do well in the first few races next year, I'll be the first to admit that yes, his days are over.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

IMHO

Rossi will be second best to Lorenzo next year, but a close second.  In with a shot the title, without a doubt.

Building the i-want-to-be-as-good-as-Casey dirt track and his gaunt figure last season tells me that he's as hungry as ever (no pun intended).  Rossi is as good as Lorenzo is now, but Jorge has the benefit of spending the last two years on the Yamaha.

His alien status will be returned next year.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Revbenny

Revbenny, you're at it again aren't you,you talk out of your backside , the ducati is a pile of junk not even worthy of being put in a tesco carrier bag, Ducati haven't responded to what Rossi & burgess requested, so the bike is still where it was a year ago, still off the pace stool slagging off & come out with somethIng interesting, oh I forgot , you take away all the crap you talk & theres nothing left for you to say

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Tetsuo

His alien status will be returned next year.

I can't see it. 'Alien' status means wins or being in the mix at least. It's one thing getting whooped by a rookie Bradl this season, 2 Tech3's and his team-mate, but it'll be another next year when Vale has no 'Ducati this, that etc' to fall back on.

Colours off........that's my honest opinion. He WAS great at this level. Time marches on.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

deja vu

The goat will be on a race winning machine next season, what can possibly go wrong?............

....Fast forward 2 barren years. 

The goat will be on a race winning machine next season, what can possibly go wrong?????

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
motorcyclemichael

Apr 05

Rossi

He shoul Clean up as  he was on the Yam for years and multi world champion...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle