Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Will Rossi succeed on a Yamaha? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Will Rossi succeed on a Yamaha?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Poll: Will Rossi succeed on a Yamaha?

The Doctor's back on a bike capable of winning next year, but does it still have what it takes? Not only is he back on a Yamaha, with whom he has already won world titles, but Jorge Lorenzo has underlined that there will be no number one rider in the team in 2013.  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 August 2012 12:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

deeerrrrr

if cal can podium on the yam then im sure as fu8k val wil

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Does it really matter? Marc Marquez will take the title, first try. And he will ruffle some estabilished feathers while doing it! Marc can ride a great qualifying lap, can overtake Nori Haga style plus he's got racecraft. He's gonna kick some ass in Moto Gp.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

some interesting opinions here.

Carlos, You seem so sure of Marc, I hope the kid does well, but every body seems to be piling loads of expectations on him. I would be surprised if he goes as well as people reckon. As has been mentioned on here before its a massive step up. He could be a serial crasher in his first season, or as you say he could win the title first try. I doubt that scenario very much. He might find his racecraft needs refining for MotoGP.

Next year certainly has better prospects for us armchair crickets than this year had.
Anyway, yes, Rossi will succeed on the Yamaha.
Of course he will. He must! 

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

yep

Why not hes done it before roll on the last race, then they start testing for next year ,

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Cheekymonkey

Dani finally put up a fight last week. Why? Cause he knows this is his last chance to be World champ. Marquez will beat Dani easilly. Nah just kidding, i don't know. All of us racing fans have got 4 great riders on the best bikes, plus a determined Dovi and die trying Hayden with Audi money for a competative Duc. Tech3 running a Yamaha that is jus't about factory. All we need now is for Honda to give sattelite riders the support that Yamaha does. And we might get a decent seizon. But on topic, J-lo was better than Rossi before Valentino's injury. Jorge has improved since then and Rossi has gotten onder. So no Rossi will not succeed on the Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Yes

I`ll go along with all that Carlos. But it depends on what is counted as success. Everybody`s opinions will differ of course, but while I agree it will be hard for Rossi to beat Jorge over a season for the resons you state, I would count a second place in the championship a success...after the last two years. Top of the table is a big ask and unrealistic, but once again its Rossi who brings excitement and interest into the sport. He`s got everything to lose. If he bombs big time as Nostro predicts there`s nowhere to hide. 

I respect the guy for having the bottle to go back to Yamaha and fight with Jorge when he could have stayed with Ducati/Audi...(which may well produce the goods, we don`t know), and pocketed 17million Euros.  A brave decision indeed.
The whole thing looks very interesting for next year.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Succes for Valentino cannot be a 2nd place in my opinion. After all Rossi is a living legend. Props to 46 for taking on imo the best rider in MotoGp. This move by Valentino takes guts..he could have been paid a lotta money by Audi to stay at Ducati. But he choses to fight, as did Dani at the last round. J-lo will have to up his game again.. Ussually he does. First up 65 Johny Rea hope he does great.

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

benny

motorcycling forum my man, not bowling, not black country, god ur boring and VERY irratating!!

Reply to this Topic
millarmob

Jul 05

millarmob says:

Rossi is the 2nd rider in the yamaha team says it all being out ridden by Haden all season in practice  top 5 at best now stoners going 

time to retire old man to old to push to the limits and that is what it takes to be no 1

Yamaha should have gone the Honda way Younger rider with desire passion hunger eager to learn

but sponsors money talks for sure Yamaha will get a big name sponsor next 2 season

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Bothersome Rev

benygaywosi,  will go along with your positive view of The Hedgehog being very irritating, but being a bore  is not something the Welsh chappie can be accused of. Select a subject, any old dosh will suffice, and said Boyo will discuss and offer an opinion on any topic you choose. Abstract it will be, alcohol does this to the mind, but it will entertain. Some have mentioned he neds to find gainful employ and they may well be correct on this point, but in Wales?.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices